Hookerz

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Has anyone used their free samples? I know I havent :oops: , after this Memorial Day Contest I plan on giving them an honest shot.

A while back, I found a couple to have had their point bent, so those were useless. I've caught some fish on the others and haven't had any problems. I did lose a fish when I was fishing a worm on 65lb braid and a Heavy rod. I set the hook and tried to reel the fish back in really fast and the hook partially straightened and I lost the fish.

When I was prepping my gear Friday night for Saturday's excursion I started to tie-on a Hookerz 5/0 ewg, but then noticed that the eye was not rounded well on the inside (had some not-so-rounded edges), and thought it might wear on the line prematurely, so I tied-on a Gammy instead.

This is why I'm going to wait till after the contest to sample, dont want to loose a bass. :wink:, thank you for your time.

I planned to write an intriguing in depth review on them, but as usual lazyness got the best of me and that was the end of that. In short I did not like the hookers hook, they seamed to rip a large hole where the fish can come unbuttoned easly from instead of that nice small puncture you get from a gammi. This wasent just from my poor fishing abilitys either, shinerman lost about 6-7 bass in just a few hours of fishing while using these hooks.

I am really suprised no one likes these hooks. I my opinion these are the best hooks on the market " period ". I switched to these hooks a couple years ago and my catch ratio has increased so much it is amazing. These hooks come as sharp as a owner hook and stay sharp for months. Jason's prices on his hooks is hard to beat.

Good find Mr. BassAddict, I hate to see a business go under (forever what reason) I hope he everything works out for him and he opens up in 2010.

Latest posts