Dan River Coal Ash Spill

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New River Rat

Reaction score
This recent catastrophe on the Dan River has broke my heart. The scope of the disaster is the third largest of it's kind anywhere at anytime. Coal ash contains arsenic, mercury, lead, cadmium, chromium and selenium, and over a dozen other heavy metals, many of them toxic.

Dan River Coal Ash Spill

NCDHHS Issues Two Health Advisories for Dan River After Duke Coal Ash Spill

Criminal Investigation Opened into Duke Coal Ash Spill – New Spill Found

Feds Expand Coal Ash Investigation While Second Pipe Continues Contaminant Spill Into Dan River

Drones Show New View of Duke Energy Coal Ash Spill

Not only is this an environmental catastrophe, now the CEO of Duke Energy says their customers and shareholders need to shoulder the cost of the clean up.

Here are some pics I found online.

That's the price we pay to live how we live. I'm just glad that most of these are privately owned. At least they have something to lose ($$$$$). I'm sure they wished it hadn't of happened as much as we all do.

I work at a water treatment plant 1 mile downstream from a steam plant with ash ponds. The thought of this happening here crosses my mind often.

rscottp said:
I am sure the CEO will keep his job, probably get a nice bonus! What a travesty!

Ok, so say they fire him. Then they have to hire somebody else. I'm sure the guy coming in would demand a premium salary for straightening this mess out. I say let the current CEO clean up what happened on his watch.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344310#p344310 said:
waterman » 09 Mar 2014, 15:10[/url]"]
rscottp said:
I am sure the CEO will keep his job, probably get a nice bonus! What a travesty!

Ok, so say they fire him. Then they have to hire somebody else. I'm sure the guy coming in would depend a premium salary for straightening this mess out. I say let the current CEO clean up what happened on his watch.
All I am saying is this probably won't personally cost him anything. He will get paid, others pay the price.

Latest posts