Long Dragging winter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterbaiter

Reaction score
As I patiently wait for this lousy NY weather to change we are now getting hit with a another snow storm " as if the 2 feet on the ground isn't enough" This past week temps started rising a little with a high of 40 for 2 days then plummeting back below freezing. I was hoping to start working on my boat this week to have my decks built and carpeted by next week but thanks to mother nature looks like my project is coming to a screeching hault. I was watching the news this morning and there calling for 8-18 inches ahhhh. ](*,)

I can finally see the ground in my yard (well most of it) my back deck is still covered with 6" of snow
the temps todays should hit 63 but looking at another storm later this week with a chance of snow
I have my first tournament in 3 weeks and my boat is still frozen uggg this wither stinks

We are FINALLY starting to see the light in my neck of the woods. Today is the second day in a row to be above 60. Not much snow left anywhere. That snow storm your talking about is going to give us nothing but rain. Was planning on hitting the river over the weekend, but I'm afraid this storm is going to raise it up to much. Hoping it'll be fishable [-o<

SpecFisher said:
Move to FL! Jk :lol:
I would love to move down south. fish all year and not have to worry about crazy heating bills lol

today was nice it hit a high of 46 so I spent a good portion outside removing some of the ice that has accumulated on my driveway throughout the winter. Just got my shipment in today with my new boat pedestals and some soft plastics I ordered from bass pro "makes me want to get out and fish" I have quite a bit of time before I can hit the lakes and fish being as I went out last week and fished and was barely able to get my auger through the 17 inches of ice on the lake.

the trees are starting to bud and the crocuses and tiger lillies are sprouted.won't be long now.already planned a fish/camp weekend for easter.

Masterbaiter Where in upstate are you located? I am in the NE corner of Niagara county, we are expecting 12+ inches of snow today at this rate I won't have my boat out of the snow bank until July. If we never get any more snow it will be ok with me, this dam# winter wore out it's welcome 3 months ago.

Im about 45 mins west of Albany near the sacandaga lake. Good luck with that snow storm hopefully this will be the last one for the season. only a few more weeks to go and hopefully this weather turns around for the better.

Hey terp what are you catching in the river this early in the season. A few buddys of mine had decent luck last week catching some fatty steelheads.

Yah, it is coming toward PA and NY, just left here this morning after it dumped 6 " on my property in about 6 hours.
We were just starting to feel a little warm weather too, all the way up to 50 on monday. Supposed to be 50 on friday so this new snow will melt and then we get to watch for all the flooding. But got a trip planned to Rend Lake in early April and Chippewa FLowage in May so that is keeping me sane. Otherwise I would be like the crazy trapper guy you see on TV, wearing all kinds of pelts, long beard and eating snow and all....

Tim

Well it was 72 degrees here yesterday and sun shining. Right now the frickin snow is flyin and it's supposed to get down to 17 degrees tonight.

Funny how everyone has to get away, usually out of state, to vacation. Their own version of Gods Country. Happy for ya, my dad used to live in Elkville, just a little town north (I think) of Marion. That was his version of a happy retirement.
Tim

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344740#p344740 said:
redbug » 12 Mar 2014, 16:50[/url]"]I drive by rend lake every year on my way to my cabin in marion

It's been beyond terrible. Literally spent the whole day yesterday trying to convince my fiancee to move to FL...not happening.

All I want to do is fish 8-10 months out of the year and not be freezing doing so haha....is that too much to ask?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346500#p346500 said:
earl60446 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 am[/url]"]Funny how everyone has to get away, usually out of state, to vacation. Their own version of Gods Country. Happy for ya, my dad used to live in Elkville, just a little town north (I think) of Marion. That was his version of a happy retirement.
Tim
Tim,
We have a little place 162 acres that we spend 2 weeks a year at and fish our 4 ponds
My wife and I will be retiring in a few years and will make the move out that way
I want to get a place in fla for the winter someday

i managed to get out on the water last saturday for the first time this year. got a minor sunburn on the face,watched the army do some boat drills,watched some wakeboarders :shock: and got completely skunked,not even a bite. it was absolutely awesome.

New trolling motor arrived today. Boat its for is out of reach in the snow, so motor went in the back of the truck with the new bazooka bailer boat hook from weeks ago and the new roller in the backseat from a month ago.Rod holders in the house to install, new cooler,who knows what else :roll: Somebody buy a new snowmobile and make the snow leave!

The greatest thing about this Winter is that I've never heard so many people from so many places agree about anything.

(Snow predicted this Friday.)

Sam

Latest posts