Last Day of School...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, after making-up 2 weeks of snow/inclimate weather, today is the last of school for the students . So.......I get up at 0430 as usual this morning, get to work at 0600, give some final exams today, school ends at 1445 (for the kids), we have a faculty meeting at 1500, leave that, go home and eat, return to school by 1700 for graduation, which will last until about 2100. Then.......be back by 2300 for Project Graduation (a lock-in for seniors that keeps them off the streets after graduating) by 2300 and stay until about 0500 :shock: . They'll have food and coffee, but I don't even think I can drink that much coffee, lol! :)

Continue to work select days, plus spend 8 days in TN during July teaching at our annual summer leadership academy. I'm outside in the heat most of those days and have learned to consume large amounts of water to beat dehydration.

Waterwings said:
Continue to work select days, plus spend 8 days in TN during July teaching at our annual summer leadership academy. I'm outside in the heat most of those days and have learned to consume large amounts of water to beat dehydration.

god. today was ur last day!! we got out like a week ago.. i think idk. wtf is today? im losing track. but they even let us out later than planned becuz of the tornado hitting my skool. the skool was damaged badly... the tornado tore the roof off and threw the trailers into each other. so they transfered us to another skool.. Rutland Hurricanes...VERY IRONIC. lol. we had to go to skool every other day. like thurs. sat. tues and thurs. it was funn. :D

Waterwings said:
Our original last day was supposed to have been May 16th. I could've been fishing today if I wasn't here, lol ! ](*,)

lol. get were supposed to get out on the 20th. but got out on the 22nd

Today was my last day as well.... students last day was Wednesday. Then Thursday we had 8th grade brunch and graduation for seniors last night. Today we had meetings and our end of the year lunch in. Of course summer baseball practice starts the Monday and I run camps the first two weeks of vacation. Baseball camp next week and then fishing camp the week after.

Are you ex-military or teach at a military school? With all the 0700's?

Kidding you....me being ex-Navy myself.

Congrats and have a great off-school season fishing. =D>

pt0872 said:

JROTC Instructor. I guess the 24 hour time sneaks through once in awhile, lol. Gonna try and catch some fish in-between work days when the weather cooperates :)

Waterwings said:
pt0872 said:

JROTC Instructor. I guess the 24 hour time sneaks through once in awhile, lol. Gonna try and catch some fish in-between work days when the weather cooperates :)

JROTC??!!! Koool i was in JROTC Air Force my freshman yr... im gonna be a junior this coming yr. i just got my report card and made 3 As and 1 B.... im glad about the B too. i thought i was failing Alg. 2.. but it would have been ok anyways... since it is a junior class XD.

Tompatt said:
Waterwings said:
pt0872 said:

JROTC??!!! Koool i was in JROTC Air Force my freshman yr... im gonna be a junior this coming yr. i just got my report card and made 3 As and 1 B.... im glad about the B too. i thought i was failing Alg. 2.. but it would have been ok anyways... since it is a junior class XD.

Congrats on the A's and B ! :) . I was lucky to maintain a C avg in school :roll:

JROTC??!!! Koool i was in JROTC Air Force my freshman yr... im gonna be a junior this coming yr. i just got my report card and made 3 As and 1 B.... im glad about the B too. i thought i was failing Alg. 2.. but it would have been ok anyways... since it is a junior class XD.[/quote]

Congrats on the A's and B ! :) . I was lucky to maintain a C avg in school :roll:[/quote]

thanks.... i got like a 3.8 GPA i think.. or use to. :shock: :shock: :shock: lol i want to keep it up so i can go to UGA or Louisville. my cuz just graduated and she is goin to be a freshman at the University of Louisville! lol GO CARDS!. she got a scholarship.

BensalemAngler said:
My last day for kids isn't until June 18th and mine is the 19th. What time do you guys go back to school?

We go back August 20 - All school picnic/swim party August 21 - first day of classes.

I HATE U ALL!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I got bak Aug. 7! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BensalemAngler said:
But I would rather get out early then go back late

heck no! when u have football practice in the dog days of summer... and its in GA! it gets like 102 down here in Aug. aug. is the hottest month down here. some kids even die down here from the heat.... :( :(

Latest posts