How y'all doing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVfishnfool

Reaction score
Started burning my vacation 2 weeks ago and haven't been on the site. Went and visited with some people I haven't seen for a while and been sorting out all my fishing tackle. When I sold my Ranger few years back I just emptied everything out of it into the corner of the rec room and it's been laying there ever since. I bought a bunch of new tackle storage boxes and have been replacing hooks on crankbaits, keeping only what has produced on a regular basis for me. Going downstairs today and weed through all my plastics and get them ready. Have ordered a couple of new nets that store a little more compact than my old ones. And talkin about nets I bought one to use for muskies because that's one of the fish I plan to start fishin for again and dang ifn them Muskie nets won't set you back a bunch of coins. I felt lucky getting the one I bought on sale for $75. Some of them sumbucks were $175-$250 :shock: I'm getting lucky on picking up some muskie lures though. My dentist who's a good friend of mine is a big time muskie fisherman who has more lures than he knows what to do with invited me to come over and he's going to give me a bunch of stuff to start fishin with. He said to consider it as a retirement present. :mrgreen: I think it's guilt from all the pain he's inflicted on me over the years. :lol: :lol: Anyways 2 more weeks and my vacation is over and retirement begins. Hope ya guys have been having a good one.

Congrats on the retirement and the new fishing adventures. I've never gotten to fish for a muskie yet....

huntinfool the muskies are native in several of the rivers and a few lakes we have here. The DNR stocked some tiger muskies several years ago in some waters. Why I don't know but you can bet your butt they have some dang far fetched reason for doing it which usually boils down to providing them a job. :evil: The area where I grew up in had some good muskie and walleye fishing in the river there and it is one of the main reasons I decided to get me a tin boat again. Although I really enjoy bass fishin for the most part I miss some of the types of fishin I did as a kid growing up. I haven't fished for them for over 40 years but I'm looking forward to trying again. They can be a very hard fish to catch for sure.

congrats on the retirement!! muskie fishing is a blast those big stubborn monsters put me in the dog house many times after the mrs. have spent lots of money on lures for me and I come home with a empty tackle box. :lol:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347202#p347202 said:
masterbaiter » Yesterday, 11:15[/url]"]congrats on the retirement!! muskie fishing is a blast those big stubborn monsters put me in the dog house many times after the mrs. have spent lots of money on lures for me and I come home with a empty tackle box. :lol:
I'm getting lucky on pickin up some lures. My dentist who is a good friend is eat up with musky fishin. That's all he does and needless to say he is overrun with baits. So when I told him I was retiring he told me to call him up and come over some Saturday and he would give me a bunch of baits to get started with. So my initial start up isn't going to be as bad as I expected. :)

Latest posts