Out with the old........

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcritch

Reaction score
In with the new......

I decided to cave in to the rising gas prices and trade in my Nissan Titan Pickup truck for a Honda CR-V SUV and I'm not too happy. The 12 MPG and $90 to fill my Titan was killing me.

I was able to save a few bucks on the monthly payment and gas should be half the cost....

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC00155.JPG
    DSC00155.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 259
With gas at $3.95 a gallon, I think it was a smart choice. Conrgats on the new ride!

Sorry to hear that, the titan was a nice truck, can the honda tow your boat? Man your butt is low to the ground now.

ACarbone624 said:
With gas at $3.95 a gallon, I think it was a smart choice. Conrgats on the new ride!

Thanks man. Yeah I figured that it may be easier to get out now before the dealers decide they do not want to take the pickups.

shamoo said:
Sorry to hear that, the titan was a nice truck, can the honda tow your boat? Man your butt is low to the ground now.

Yeah I'm going miss my Titan. I'm not used to my butt dragging the ground with the Honda :D
My first question to the salesman when I looked at the Honda. Does it have a tow package? :D

The answer is yes and I got a price from Franklin before I got the Honda. I will be there this week to get the tow hitch and wiring harness installed.

bcritch said:
shamoo said:

Yeah I'm going miss my Titan. I'm not used to my butt dragging the ground with the Honda :D
My first question to the salesman when I looked at the Honda. Does it have a tow package? :D

The answer is yes on towing my boat and I got a price from Franklin before I got the Honda. I will be there this week to get the tow hitch and wiring harness installed.

Sorry that you had to trade.. :( the Titan is a nice truck.. My Explorer has a V8 so I feel your pain, but I am not going to trade as the truck only has 9000 miles on it..

I traded my silverado in back in october and picked up a mountaineer with a v6. Does a good job towing the boat, gets 22mpg, and still has plenty of room for the kids. Also starting driving my wife's car for work as it get 30mpg. It sure beats the killing I would have been taking driving the silverado.

I would love to unload my wife's '03 Silverado but she insists that we keep it. It was her first full size pick up bought brand new and she really likes it. It is starting to go through a lot of coolant and that means one thing. New head gasket. That crappy Dexcool. Too bad I didn't know about that before it started having issues.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. What is the towing capacity of the CR-V? It looks nice. How's the head and leg room?

flounderhead59 said:
I would love to unload my wife's '03 Silverado but she insists that we keep it. It was her first full size pick up bought brand new and she really likes it. It is starting to go through a lot of coolant and that means one thing. New head gasket. That crappy Dexcool. Too bad I didn't know about that before it started having issues.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. What is the towing capacity of the CR-V? It looks nice. How's the head and leg room?

Towing capacity on the CR-V 1500lbs :oops:
Towing capacity on the Titan 9500lbs

Good thing I only have a Jon Boat :D

With my boat, I would need 2500lb cap. It was 1800lb new with no gas and now I have all my gear and a kicker motor. No trailer brakes so I need good braking on the tow vehicle. I use a Trailblazer and since it's paid for I can't see getting another payment book just to save a few gallons of gas.

bcritch said:
In with the new......

I decided to cave in to the rising gas prices and trade in my Nissan Titan Pickup truck for a Honda CR-V SUV and I'm not too happy. The 12 MPG and $90 to fill my Titan was killing me.

I was able to save a few bucks on the monthly payment and gas should be half the cost....

12 miles! dang thats alot! i get like 9 or 10 in my 87 jeep. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts