Turned my uniforms in

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVfishnfool

Reaction score
Forgot to mention on 4/11 day after my official retirement day I went in to my old service center to turn in my uniforms and employee ID/time card. When I got there the guys gave me a rocking chair (one of the oak ones from Cracker Barrel) with a plaque that had my name on it and my years of service, a cake, and a card with a gift card for Cabela's. If I'd have known they were gonna do that I'd have hung around and aggravated them more and maybe they would have given me more stuff to get rid of me. :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on retirement.

Now, how does the rocking chair look on the deck of the boat? :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350050#p350050 said:
Captain Ahab » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:28 pm[/url]"]Need a pedestal mount for that chair!

I'd just put it on my deck.... :wink:

Attachments

• get_image.php.jpeg
    get_image.php.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 439
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350042#p350042 said:
WVfishnfool » 24 Apr 2014, 20:54[/url]"]Forgot to mention on 4/11 day after my official retirement day I went in to my old service center to turn in my uniforms and employee ID/time card. When I got there the guys gave me a rocking chair (one of the oak ones from Cracker Barrel) with a plaque that had my name on it and my years of service, a cake, and a card with a gift card for Cabela's. If I'd have known they were gonna do that I'd have hung around and aggravated them more and maybe they would have given me more stuff to get rid of me. :lol: :lol:

Good for you. I hung up my 12 shooter Dec 31, 2012 and never looked back. I did get to keep my badge in it's block of plastic. Personally I just love being retired and wouldn't go back if you gave me the place. Far too employee unfriendly (US Customs & Border Protection). All the time in the world to do everything I neglected while I had no time at all. Like one of the other retired Feds told me. " I'm so busy that I don't know how I ever found time to work" =D> You won't miss it either I bet, neither of us do. The nice thing is that if you are busy on that nice day you won't feel you have to go fishing on the rainy ones because that's when you are free. Now you just go whenever you feel like it and stay as long as the cold or bugs let you and life just keeps getting better.

Driz I worked at the same place for 37 years spending 32 of them driving tractor-trailer. Went thru 2 buyouts and a bunch of changes. I finally decided that I had enough when I had back trouble again and was off for 2 months. I'll miss the guys I worked and basically grew up with(I started there straight out of high school) but I don't miss the trucks, traffic, and bull crap that comes with the job today.

Latest posts