I can't handle the PRESSURE!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
WHOA......it's been a good year of bad fishing.

Let me explain....The long cold winter has really put the fish in a whirlwind this spring. They have been much harder to find and catch than any year I can remember. Nobody has been catching the numbers of fish that we usually do, but I've been able to pull more than everyone else so far....fortunately.

As a lot of you know, I fish 9 tournaments a year (Bass) with a local club of about 140 members. So far this year....I'm leading the AOY race after 3 tournaments. Next tournament is next week on Table Rock. Took first place last year on the Rock and hope to do as well this year.

I LOVE the friendly competition, but the pressure of maintaining the lead is a heavy weight for sure.

Anyway.....wanted to share a bit of a selfless, pat on the back. Wish me luck for the rest of the year. I'll certainly need it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 8.16.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 8.16.45 AM.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 697
Table Rock is close to Branson isn't it? The wife and I visited Branson for 4 days 2 years ago. Once we left that flat land around Springfield and headed into Branson I felt more at home when I started seeing some hills. :lol: I'm guessing our winter in West Virginia was a little harsher than yours in Missouri but anyways it seems like the bass are about a month behind schedule here due to all the extreme cold we had. Don't know if that'll help ya or not but something to think about when you're pre-fishing.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351802#p351802 said:
WVfishnfool » 5 minutes ago[/url]"]Table Rock is close to Branson isn't it? The wife and I visited Branson for 4 days 2 years ago. Once we left that flat land around Springfield and headed into Branson I felt more at home when I started seeing some hills. :lol: I'm guessing our winter in West Virginia was a little harsher than yours in Missouri but anyways it seems like the bass are about a month behind schedule here due to all the extreme cold we had. Don't know if that'll help ya or not but something to think about when you're pre-fishing.

Oh....I've definitely thought about that. I think I've been thinking about everything possible. I study my maps, google earth, local fishing reports and everything I can find for weeks before even leaving the driveway. YES....I'M ADDICTED....but I love it.

From what I'm picking up...some fish may still be on their beds when I get there Wed night. There was a cold front that came through late last week/early this week that pushed them back deeper. Another is coming through right now and tomorrow. I hope this slows them down a bit too so I can get some sight fishing hook ups. If not...I'll do what I can. I'll be pre-fishing for 2 days before the tourney starts on Saturday. Hopefully...I'll find them in huge numbers.

Thanks for the advice though. Every little bit helps.

Keep it up your doing something right. Here after spawning bass start smacking bluegills when they take their turn at spawning.
Hard work tournaments are. Best of fishing to ya!

Captain Ahab said:
You are just lucky I do not live closer - and really lucky BassAddict lives even further!

But BassAddict is an excellent driver!!!

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399772728929.jpg[/attachment]

Good luck Fenderyfriend

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399772728929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399772728929.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 592
Well......

This weekend we caught a lot of fish before the tourney started, but it all changed the days of the tourney and we struggled. Finished 12th out of 17.

Oh well...can't win them all. #-o

Now I'm ranked #2 instead of 1....I'm still happy with it. Still a good lead on #3 too.

Sharpen those hooks

Set it and forget it

Fishing is simple - put bait on hook, toss into water, when fish eats, reel in

Repeat as needed

If it aint chartreuse it aint no use

Black Bombers at Night and Everything is alright!

fender - memorize the above and go get 1st place - about all you need to know right there

Latest posts