9 pound smallmouth bass!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say it was a world record. Too bad they had a circa 1940 scale. That fish was 8 1/2# on the scale and the bag of potatoes was 5#-2oz looked like 4 1/4# on that thing. Off by 14oz for 5# is hardly accurate, as they claim.

I realize those two guys did the right thing by doing the C & R, but man, it would be real tough to not have that beast hanging on the wall. =D>

TNtroller said:
I realize those two guys did the right thing by doing the C & R, but man, it would be real tough to not have that beast hanging on the wall. =D>

With pics and a length and girth measurement, they can get a mount without the fish. So I'm sure he will get a mount, I think he even mentioned something to that effect during the video.

WOW! that is a beast! I caught a huge small mouth that I was going to mount, then as I started wading back down river to the boat I said effe it and let him go. no measurement, no weight. but he was atleast 20"

Yeah I saw this. They have the latest and greatest equipment but then bust out a set of rusty garage sell scales. Lol

The scale appears to be a Chatillon IN series, if so, it is a precision brass instrument. If it has been even remotely maintained in the last 50 years, I would trust it's mechanics, no questions asked. BTW, look at the lower edge of the marker, not the top.

Edit to add: I WISH I could find these ~$100 scales at a garage sale. [-o<

Good luck on your quest. Wasn't questioning if the scale was accurate or not as they proved in the end it was. There are better means of weighing fish than with a scale that measures by the .5 lbs is what I was getting at.

Latest posts