Congratulations Detroit

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
All I can say is Congratulations Detroit!!!!!!! You out shot us , out checked us, out skated us, OUT PLAYED US! Congratulations Zetterberg on a outstanding series you deserve the MVP a million times over. I must say im a penguin fan from way back but if you have to lose the cup to anybody Detroit is the ones to lose it to. They proved they are the best team in the league! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
I'd rather drown my sorrows than swallow my pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit RedWings, what can you say about them, they are thee premier team, the total package. It was a very enjoyable series, the Pens are looken pretty good also, tons of speed and the core players are young, its only a matter of time before they get a cup.

Been away from the boards for a while, and I have to comment on this first!

That was heart attack city for me. It was an awesome series, after the 2-0 start I thought it would be an embarassing one for Pittsburgh. Despite the comeback attempts, I do think it's quite obvious, the separation of the best team and the second best. It looked like more than just experience too, it looked like Detroit had a solid system that the Penguins coaches were unable to solve (in fact, they refused to alter their own game plan). The Wings weren't the top team in the regular season for about 5 years for nothing.

That entire playoff ride was a thrill. Cost me so much money too! It's been a two-month party here that's finally over. My highlight, being at the Eastern Conference Finals, game 5 in Pittsburgh to see the Pens dismantle long-time rival Philly (6-0). Finally! That ended a long-time case of futility. I unfortunately never made it to a Cup final game, just couldn't get tickets (although we had tickets to game 7 in Detroit if they had made it!)

It's good to see the NHL getting the ratings back. That series had the best draw in 8 years. If the league could just work out a deal with ESPN, after the VS. contract runs out, I think we'll see the NHL reach it's highest point ever.

Can't wait for next season.

Can't wait for some football too!

GO WINGS!!! lol. my family was the only ones down here in GA rooting for them. everyone thought pitt. would dominate.

detroit were hands down way superior in every way, abd deserved to win the cup. the pens need a few years, and a supporting cast for malkin, hossa, staal and greg lougainis before they can really compete for the cup. i have to say unless the flyers make some moves, theyll have trouble keeping up to the pens in the east.

Latest posts