jon boat for just me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354297#p354297 said:
ritchie904 » 31 May 2014, 17:08[/url]"]Is a lowe 1236 a good 1 man set down jon
It is. Probably room for 2...but not much more. What's really nice is it's portable. Throw it in the back of a pickup and go! Easy Peasy.

I had one and liked it a lot. Probably perfect if you really are just by yourself. It has its limitations of course (doesn't like waves and wind too much) but depending on where and how you fish it may be just the thing.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make my 10ft flat bottom Jon boat where I can stand on it? Wanting to build deck just want to make sure I'm not waiting my time .
Thanks!

I've seen it done but I believe it is not safe. Don't waste your time or money on it.

I did it, but it takes quite a bit of work. What we ended up doing is cutting the boat in half lengthwise. Then making it 18" wider and making the bottom somewhat concave. I posted up a thread on here about it. I think it was titled
Lowe 1032 to 1052

Two people can stand up and fish this boat now and both can pee off the same side at the same time. Very stable...but a lot of work.

Yeah unless you plan on widening the boat or adding additional flotation devices attached to it you are wasting your time. But then at that I would say you are still wasting your time. I have a 1248 with a tall transom. When I get out on the lake I couldn't imagine anything shorter or less wide.

I had a 1036, I could stand in it and fish. could fish two people no problem. floated the Shenandoah many times in it. was great because I could load/unload out of my truck bed no problem. I had to get the 1036 as my wife would NOT go in the canoe I had at the time.

Latest posts