Down here.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompatt

Reaction score
Well im down here at St. George Island, FL. we r goin deep sea fishing monday. i got my poles and everything. one thing. i forgot how to set up my line. :? :? :? any ideas? while i was down here last year. i caught a little baby shark from the shore where we swim at. the funny thing is that last month... in the same spot. our friend caught a 5 ft shark. isnt that lovely? MY BABY GREW UP!! :cry: :cry: :cry: IM SO PROUD!! =D> lol. so that means i need to go out pass the sandbar tom. and swim. xD....Wish me luck.. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jim said:
Man...have fun! What kind of bait are you guys going to use?

well my parents bought some fake shrimp. i was like wtf? i would know wat to get. lol but IM want to use live shrimp.. well frozen.

Waterwings said:
Have fun, and hope you catch a bunch! 8)

my moms boss owns like 3 beach houses down here. we went to one today. one in the bay. long dock. caught nothing but seaweed. wat should i use? my lil bro is outside on the shore using some fake bait in the ocean. i think my parents got some Gulp saltwater shrimp. is there something im missing? :shock: :shock: :? :?

Your best bet is to find the closest local bait shop and ask them. Tell them exactly where youa re fishing and what equipment you have, They for sure will point you in the right direction.

Good luck man!

Jim said:
Your best bet is to find the closest local bait shop and ask them. Tell them exactly where youa re fishing and what equipment you have, They for sure will point you in the right direction.

Good luck man!

did. that. lol. cmon ppl. i see tons of huge fish these ppl catch on these forums. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Go to the grocery store and buy some jumbo fresh shrimp, you'll be surprised at the end result.

Tompatt said:
Jim said:

Good luck man!

did. that. lol. cmon ppl. i see tons of huge fish these ppl catch on these forums. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Tom you are correct, But none of them fish that particular area. Im assuming it is saltwater?

Jim said:
Tompatt said:
Jim said:

Good luck man!

Tom you are correct, But none of them fish that particular area. Im assuming it is saltwater?

yea... its the ocean! THERES NO BRUSH xD LMAO.... yea. im gettin some shrimp tomm.

Get some squid either from a bait shop where it is actually bait squid or go to a grocery store and buy some frozen whole squid. Thaw them, cut one up, put a piece on a hook, and cast it out there. I would also go to a bait shop and get some mudminnows. Squid or shrimp and mudminnows will catch just about anything that swims close to the beach in SC.

Never fished the waters there - and the ocean is an ever changing place so get you butt to a B&T and start asking what, where and how. Also, keep and eye out for locals - they will usually help you if you ask nice.

Captain Ahab said:
Never fished the waters there - and the ocean is an ever changing place so get you butt to a B&T and start asking what, where and how. Also, keep and eye out for locals - they will usually help you if you ask nice.

yep. there is one surf shop and about like 2 resturants on the island. the island is like 10 miles long by 2 miles wide. the fishing section there is a captain there. we talked to him like 2 yrs ago. just saw him today. he said shrimp was the best down here.....so....xD thx ppl.

Well i went deep sea fishing today. i was the first one to catch something. a lil red fish.. the captain took the fish's body off and left the head on there for bait. AND WAT A BAIT IT WAS! next thing i knew. the i felt a lil nibblin and i jerked the rod. CAUGHT THE BIG ONE LOL. After that we caught like 3 snapper, a grouper, and i caught a giant mackerel. sharks were everywhere. we would have had 5 snapper. but the 2 my dad brought up...right at the surface a shark took a chuck out of them. LOL. my dad was like WTF!? after that he started reeling faster and throwing the fish in the boat. HAHA. i didnt get sea sick. took some pills. heres the big one. 7 ft hammerhead. about like 160 lb. heavy! bent the rod and everything. took like 30 min to get it to the surface. after that we cut the hook. well he broke the hook. but we were gonna let him go anyways..xD

Attachments

• 0609080853.jpg
    0609080853.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 296
Get a 2 pound fresh raw roast hook it and throw it in and see what ya get?? :lol: LoL just kidden, looks fun man keep us pic posted :mrgreen:

FishingBuds said:
Get a 2 pound fresh raw roast hook it and throw it in and see what ya get?? :lol: LoL just kidden, looks fun man keep us pic posted :mrgreen:

lol it is. im done deep sea fishing. now to shore fishing all this week till sat. (when i leave to go bak up to hot azz GA)

Latest posts