Too hot to fish (during the day)!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
The heat hit quick this year it seems. Did we have Spring? I probably won't be doing much daytime fishing considering the heat and the wind that doesn't want to stop, so I'll probably try to get some done early mornings or late evenings. The wife and I returned from Lowe's a little while ago and we now have the wood to start doing the stairs, which we've wanted for to do for a few years now. This will be my daytime (inside) project during these hot days. Gonna have to remove the old carpet and tack strips, then the original pine (rough boards) the contractors used 20 yrs ago when they built this place. I'm not concerned about being able to do the treads and risers, it's the railing and all that goes with it that are gonna give me an ulcer, lol. I also bought a book on stairs and railings to try and make it as painless as possible, lol

I know man!!! I went out yesterday and today and by 1100 its so hot that I am sweating more water than i am taking in. Did manage to catch alot of bass this weekend though!!! Just no monsters....

I plan on the first night attempt in a week or two....that will be prime time to catch some nice ones!!

Waterwings your right... was below average (very cool) a couple of weeks ago... and then bam.. 100 freakin degrees!
Did have to stop by BPS to pick up some practice casting plugs for my fishing camp and wouldn't you know they had Tundra test drives around the parking lot. Drive a Tundra for 5 minutes, fill out a quick survey, and then get a $15 bps gift card. :lol:

I hate this heat. I am always hot and sweaty to begin with and with high 90's and high humidity weather, I am dying. I also work in a greenhouse, yesterday was hell. I have still managed to fish evenings into the night, and tomorrow will be an early morning trip. The bass have been hitting ok around here, but the lakes I fish are packed on the weekends so fishing is usually bad. I have only managed dinks at my main lake and some decent fish at some ponds. I was so bored today, no work and didnt fish until around 5pm. I can take 90, but close to 100 is my limit. The humidity is awful too.

Very hot down here. 100 degrees in the shade today. Been doing all my fishing at night already. I usually don't start night fishing until late July. It was so hot today, we decided to take the 4wheelers to the creek and do some creek riding.

It is never too hot - or too cold to FISH!!!!

October_smallies_002.jpg

sea_bass_2008_017.jpg

It is never too hot - or too cold to FISH!!!!

Lol. Dave, there's an open spot at city park where I normally bank fish. You can use it during the day in the heat, lol :) . Thought about going for awhile this morning but it's only 8:24am right now and already 80* :shock: . The local waters we fish here have a no-launch rule until 30 minutes before first light, and you have to be off the water 30 minutes before sundown :roll: . If the heat keeps up we may not use the boat as much as I wanted to this summer.

The wife and I got all of the carpet and padding pulled off the steps yesterday, and the installers must have had extra staples to use for the padding. Seems like a thousand of them in there! Also got the railing removed.

Very hot down here. 100 degrees in the shade today. Been doing all my fishing at night already. I usually don't start night fishing until late July. It was so hot today, we decided to take the 4wheelers to the creek and do some creek riding.
Are you aloud to fish any body of water at night or just a selected few?

Latest posts