Too much water to fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
We have had allot of rain in my part of MN this past week. Lots of local flooding, road close ect.

My local lake(s) are so high that the ramps and docks are under water. No real smart way to get the boat into and off of the lake. Most of the boats kept on the water have been removed. Ton of folks are looking for their docks.

The same here. We've had 10.76" so far in June. My favorite lake is probably up by about 20"-24". Lots of lakeshore owners have "no wake" signs posted and many docks are under water. The dock at the ramp is about 3' from shore now. Lots of bass but I didn't manage to boat any.

Out here in Idaho, the Snake River went from about 4500 CFS to some where like 11-12,000 overnight!..

I heard you could literally sit on the banks and watch the water rise...

That really puts a damper on carp shooting....too deep, no shallows, no carp.

Tony sad.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356793#p356793 said:
tonynoriega » 19 minutes ago[/url]"]Out here in Idaho, the Snake River went from about 4500 CFS to some where like 11-12,000 overnight!..

Tony sad.
I'm going to be out in your neck of the woods next week Tony. Pocatello area, Bear Lake area of the most part. Had planned on going to Boise for 2 days but had to drop that this trip.

Nice area. Right down in the corner there...

I think that have some good Carp shooting tournaments down that way...
Not thats your cup o tea, but always a good time.

Well if you ever make it down here, always nice to meet up with folks from TinBoats for a drink.

Tony, did you attend the tourney in Brownlee about a month ago? We were crappie fishing and seen several competitors with good amounts of fish. Found only small crappie :-(

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356793#p356793 said:
tonynoriega » Yesterday, 16:59[/url]"]Out here in Idaho, the Snake River went from about 4500 CFS to some where like 11-12,000 overnight!..

Tony sad.

All that Minnesota water comes by my front door eventually. The Mississippi at Vicksburg is at 30.1' (76.33' above msl) and 807,000 cfs today (pretty normal) you should see it at 57.1' (103.33' above msl) and 2,500,000 cfs!

A 2' foot a day rise is impressive to watch, even more so when you are in 30' of water over a road you drove on last month.