What do you do for a living? or Fun (boating not allowed)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
OR...for some of you old timers... BESIDES BOATING ... what do you do with your time?

I see wide range of knowledge here and thought it might be interesting to see what you all do with your time.

Me, I work the normal 8-5 doing web development, graphic design, print and web. Been in this field since about 2005 or so.

When I am not working, I also train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I do some carp shooting when I can, and got the fever for hunting about 2 years ago and it has taken ahold of my soul.

My claim to fame... My buddy and I were the centerfolds (photo spread) in the October 2013 Field and Stream magazine.

Yes, it's hot and sexy.

STL Cardinals fan since I can remember... hence the "Cardinal" red stripes on my boat...
Raiders fan second because I cant stand losing...

Hunt, look for indian relics, reload, try to maintain the property, the vehicles, the boats, lawn mowers, string trimmers, chain saws, and play with my baby; a 66 Impala with a 425 hp 427 in it. Then there's all the other little odds and ends to do around the house. #-o don't know how I ever had time to work. :lol:
Also learned to set up my oil burner properly; NOT THAT I WANTED TO!!!! Found out that people that are supposed to know how to do this stuff aren't always that competent!
AND-then there are these forums!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Nap time now, it's tough being retired!

I'm a manger of security operations for a homeowners insurance company that is based in Boston. I also drive airport shuttles and town cars before I go to my day job in the early AM. Pretty much work 7 days per week.

Have worked for the Broward County Sheriff's Office since 1989 going to stay 552 more calendar days then I am out of there :beer: For fun I hunt, fish, kayak, off road, and cook (really like cooking calms me down)

Recently retired after 35 years working in art museums as designer, crew chief, installer, carpenter, inventor and whatever else needed doing. Found real fun on May 1, the first day of my retirement. Now I do whatever I feel like which includes nothing some days. I garden, say I'm practicing the guitar and read as often as I can. I was signed up for guitar making school in the fall but for $11K for tuition and tools for a 9 month course have decided to postpone for now. I get up every day at 5:00 a.m. for coffee and brownies and sign in to Tinboats...

I forgot to list napping!

I am an owner operator trucker so I spend the majority of my time wishing people on vacation would get out of the left lane. Other than that me and my wife do almost everything together hunting fishing camping. I also collect anything old

After 42 years working in Cummins and Caterpillar shops I retired 4 years ago. My main occupation now is fishing, delivering auto parts 2 days a week for the NAPA store in Newfane NY, working on the honey do list and being active in the volunteer fire dept. I still don't know how I ever had time to hold a full time job but I sure don't miss it.

I started doing fiberglass repairs in '88. Ventured out and did some other things then back in '04 to '11. Economy got my business and I started working with a friend from church. We now do truck accessories, trailer repair, welding and generally put on, fix or fabricate whatever our customers want.

I've been a Bowhunter for 30+ years, its my #1 passion. I fish, camp, and all sorts of other outdoor activities.
Most recently, I'm a grandpa and soon a 2x one, so pretty soon pink camo and barbie fishing rods are going to rule my life! Can't wait!

Mon to Fri - Operation Supervisor over 3 prisons, Sat - repair/service sewing machines and Sun - mow lawns. In my free time I love hanging with the family and fishing. I used to get into competitive overclocking of computers as well as building and repairing them but got burnt out on it. Hopefully I can free up some time later this year to get some fishing done in my boat I built!

Retired last fall after 37 years in plastics manufacturing, in engineering, and the last 20 years as a plant manager. Now working part time for a marine dealer in the parts department. I get to spend my days finding parts for every brand of outboard and inboard engine known to man :LOL2:.
When I'm not messing with our boat or fishing I enjoy woodworking and cooking.

Two years retired from commercial plumbing, and sport rocketry.....arthitic knees, ruptured disk, arm tremors, and so close to social security that I just threw in the towel. I fished(inland) alot in my younger days so I donated the low power rocket stuff to a local high school and sold the high power to pick up a jon boat and trailer, but before I bought the motor, my wife took ill, and we had to help our son out of a financial hole. Wife is getting better and I'll get back to the motor sooner or later.
And rowing doesn't hurt. That surprized me. It's good exersize!

Retired Army.

These days, I "mess about with boats", collect old Mercedes diesels, do volunteer work for our local German-American club & "Daddy dos" for my adult daughter.
(As I've repeated elsewhere, "A son is yours till he meets his wife but a daughter is yours for the rest of your life." and "The older that you daughter gets the more complicated & expensive that solving her problem is. - It isn't about kissing skinned knees or hauling screaming cheerleaders anymore.")

yours, satx

After the army the first 15 yrs was driving semi's. Went back to school for computerized accounting and next thing I know the college hired me to teach the same classes. 8 yrs there then 7 yrs at another college teaching A+ certification. Then a few more yrs working for the County as a computer lab instructor until my Dr made me quit working nearly 9 yrs ago. Now it's all about my photography, wrote 3 books of poetry, working in/on my flower gardens, and fishing and working on my 2 old beat up boats. I can't backpack any more so the plan is to start doing boat packing. :D Camping where ever my boat can take me.

Latest posts