My Fishing Inspiration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longshot

Reaction score
This is my Grandma fishing in my uncle/her son's pond. This was her last time doing what she enjoyed most besides knitting. The same summer this pic was taken a big catfish pulled her off balance and she fell in the pond she managed to get out on her own and still landed the fish. Yes those are crutches on the ground beside her. She was in her late 80's then and passed at 91. Yesterday would have been her birthday I sure miss her. Her and my Grandpa were from Iowa and fished all over the USA. They had a truck camper and an old jon boat. She had some great stories from their travels across the states and canada

Attachments

• grandma wing fishing.jpg
    grandma wing fishing.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 596
Her and my Grandpa were from Iowa and fished all over the USA. They had a truck camper and an old jon boat. She had some great stories from their travels across the states and canada

Would have loved to have sat around a campfire, drinking sweet tea and listening to some of those stories. They seemed to have had a very rich life. I'm envious.

Nice memory.

Mighty fine inspiration for sure. Great to read of a couple who combined adventure with fishing. A grandma who fished passed before I met her but tales stayed...

That metal pole in front of her was put there after she fell in so she could steady herself when fighting biguns

Latest posts