Shadow Box - 4 Generations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
My aunt sent me a booklet the other day of my Great Grandfathers.

pcover.jpg

https://www.lonesentry.com/65thbook/index.html

I also have a WWII bayonet portapee (google it) of my Grandfathers.

My aunt was in the US Army, and I served in the US Navy.

She is going to send me a little something to add to my collection, and I plan on creating a shadow box with all of our stuff in it together.
(Saving some room for any of my children who plan on serving.)

In any case, anyone here have experience making their own shadow box...

I would buy one, but I like to make my own stuff.

Just curious.

thx

I have made many shadow boxes, but, the best two I made were for my Chief's badges (police badges, from patrolman to chief). I tell you this to tell you why they are the best. I made them about 4-5" deep. I then installed (via Velcro strips) a blue light length of LED's I bought from our sponsor BlueWaterLED across the inside top of the box. I Velcro'd in a 9v batter on the recessed back of the box with a small push switch on the side of the box, near the back. I hid the wires with black electrical tape - but with the lights on the top inside of the box, I just ran them out the back so all the wires are on the outside back of the box. I don't know if I have a picture of them, but I'll look.

In any case, the soft LED blue lights were wonderful and lit up the badges really nice. Give it a thought for lighting the inside of your shadow box. Check with our sponsor BlueWaterLED for info on colors and sizes of available LED strips. Oh, and they were really cheap to for the 2 12" strips I bought :)

Hope this helps on your project.

That is amazing...

My grandfather was also on the police force as well. Sacramento PD if I recall. Sadly I do not remember his rank, but I do recall he retired and now that I typed this, I believe he was a Lieutenant.

I think I will research this more and create my own.

I think the sense of pride will outweigh the time and work.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=357956#p357956 said:
tonynoriega » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:57 pm[/url]"]

I think the sense of pride will outweigh the time and work.

Yes it surely will. The two I made for the Chief were one for each of his two daughters.

Latest posts