Will 8hp plane A 1236

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ritchie904

Reaction score
8hp 4stroke is this enough to get A 1236 up on plane ? Will someone please let me know.
It will be for fishing and I will be alone most of the time. A big thanks to TINBOATS.NET

It should be - I got a 12' semi V-hull to plane by myself with a 5.5hp '55 Johnson

For what it's worth I didn't have anything from the lumber-yard in my 12' - no plywood, 2x4's etc. so it wasn't very heavy. The boat itself was 145 lbs which is the same as my 1436LT, so for a 12' boat it was fairly stocky.

I have a 6hp 2 stroke, on a 12/36 flat bottom. I'm 150lb , dog is 70 and it will get on a plane.. He has to move to the front until it gets on top. Then he can move around. But I'm maxed out on the weight, two people and it won't plane out.
I just got a 9.8 Nissan 4stroke but haven't put it on yet, it moved the wooden flat bottom that it was on around real good with two people. It would easily get on a plane and do 17mph

I have a 1436 with a 2 stroke 8hp. It planes out just fine. With just me and gas tank I've had it up to 23 mph. With 2 people, battery, and fishing gear it runs about 15-16 mph.

Latest posts