Need to know if I'm getting a good deal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestrongpt

Reaction score
So I have the chance to trade my services as a personal trainer for a 14' 1979 sears game fisher with a 1962 evinrude 5.5 fisherman. Also includes a trailer. It would be about 12 weeks of personal training for a total of 17 hrs. Here are some pics of the boat.

Attachments

• 01313_c8cVkNLdUW0_600x450.jpg
    01313_c8cVkNLdUW0_600x450.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 787
  • 00M0M_e9BLMOcYzmv_600x450.jpg
    00M0M_e9BLMOcYzmv_600x450.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 787
  • 01717_7YHe11eziUY_600x450.jpg
    01717_7YHe11eziUY_600x450.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 787
Heck yeah! That boat looks mint. If trailer and motor are good then I say yes. Zero out of pocket expense for 17 hours of making someone suffer?

Go for it in my opinion.

Just make sure everything is legal as in titles/paperwork. Rules vary from state to state on requirements so look up the information if you don't already know what is required. It doesn't seem like too bad of a trade if everything is in order.

Awesome guys thanks for the reply. Ya everything is in order he has the pink and the boats currently tagged. I met with him and he seems like a trustworthy guy who lives within eye site of the gym I work at.

Get it in writing. Something as simple as:

I understand that I will provide "x" hours of direction and education for physical fitness and flexibility in exchange for a (boat and engine #s and description.)

Put in a schedule if you want, or at least an end-date for the training. Make sure you accept no liability for injury or pain incurred.

Date and both sign it.

Simple thing, but just a written explanation of what's going on and what the two party's expectations are.

That engine is one of my 'old faithful' models; I will always trust it.

Fair deal. Nice work.

Yes I will definitely get it writing. Thanks for the reminder about doing that. Glad to hear you say thats a faithful engine. He opened it up and it looked amazing inside. One other question...How many people will that boat hold?

Should be a capacity plate riveted near transom in rear of boat with weight capacity and horsepower maximum. A wild crazy guess would be 3 persons and total weight of everything including people of 650 lbs. but that's only a guess.
Unless recently done wheel bearings may need repacked before much trailering and wiring checked before towing. A water pump impeller may be due for a change also if not done in a couple years for insurance and adds a hundred bucks or more to your outlay if done by marine service shop. In pics boat and motor looks real nice.

Thanks for the addition input...That sounds about right though for people and weight from what I'm hearing..Ok I will ask about that..

Latest posts