Little unexpected bonus!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
Like many of you, I hate to see trash floating on a lake (or left behind by other so called Anglers). I make it a point to pick up as much as I can whether on water or land. So I am on my local lake this morning and I see a couple of plastic drink bottles floating that I picked up and put in my boat. I was trolling along and saw what I first thought was a large Solo type plastic cup. I changed course and headed over towards it to get it out of the lake. As I got closer I come to realize that it was a small plastic container that one of the local bait shops use for leeches. As I reached out of the boat to pick it up I got a real nice surprise. Over 2 dozen leeches were somehow still in it, and the were alive! :mrgreen: It did not have a lid on it so I have no idea how they didn't escape. I was the lone boat on the water this morning so no idea how long they were floating around out there.

SWEET! I love finding treasures on the river! once found a wooden "flag pole" that mounts on the side of the house for those seasonal flags my wife insists on putting up. and a beach ball, that got away before I could get to the dock, I never saw it blow out. it was destined to float the river I guess.

I have found quite a few things over the years picking up what I thought was trash too. Lots of lures, 2 Frabill flow trolls ( one had live minnows in it! ), an old style metal minnow dipper & can unfortunately full of dead stinky minnows, Coleman 220 F pump lantern ( found this stuffed in a trash can at a local ramp ), & several boat anchors. You never know what your going to find when you go to pick up some trash or when throwing some away. Oh by the way the lantern did run after I put a new wiper on the pump, I guess someone got frustrated with it & tossed it.

Latest posts