Little piece of Idaho heaven

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
Took the family on a little day trip... we all have our "you have to see this place" type areas...

This is just an hour outside of the city...

Doesn't take much to enjoy what Idaho has to offer.

0810142109a.jpg

Green monarks. Lake Pend oreille.. Great scenery in north Idaho!!!
Ohya and the boat launch is only 15 minutes away

Attachments

• IMG_20140530_180739_060.jpg
    IMG_20140530_180739_060.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,074
I haven't seen all of Idaho yet, but what I have is something else! The Snake river has left some wonderful things to see. Craters of the Moon is spectacular. Bear Lake is breath taking. The Drive north from Rexburg into Montana is awesome. Still parts of it I want to see to include the Chimney area.

Actually, Idaho is my favorite state from what I have seen of the country while I was driving trucks from 1983 to 2001. I have been to all 48 lower states and Idaho is my pick. If I didn't have so many ties to South Carolina I would be there.

Pics sure do not do justice sometimes. In the pic I posted the "little looking hills" are about 3 miles away and the water is about 800 feet deep right below the boat!

Winter here is not tooooooo bad. Usually gets into the lower 20s upper teens. Sometimes 4ish feet of snow, some years almost none. Plenty of skiing and ice fishing, Hunting in the winter.
Summer is great. This year it has been HOT more then usual. Normally its lower to mid 80s but this year it has been 90s for weeks. We just head to the lake after work and go swimming almost every night. Plenty of little beaches you will have all to your self if you have a boat. If not still a lot of places with only a few people.

I can handle the winters... down here in Boise the snow isn't too bad. Also considering I was raised a city boy in Sacramento. I have adapted quite well. I would rather spend a week in knee deep snow hunting rather than a week down in the sweltering city heat.

I get too wrapped up in life sometimes to really enjoy what this state has to offer in just a short drive.

And now that I have a boat, makes it even that much more interesting to find these little nooks and such.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363023#p363023 said:
tonynoriega » 12 Aug 2014, 09:07[/url]"]

I get too wrapped up in life sometimes to really enjoy what this state has to offer in just a short drive.

5-10 minutes outta town.... 30 minutes, middle of nowhere... nice!

Truly 30 minutes middle of nowhere.

I think that is why I have come to just thoroughly enjoy hunting so much. A couple hour drive, and you are really in the deep "no where" zone.

10k ft peaks, trails everywhere, and just nothing.

I hate to admit I just started hunting at age 35, but I think being older has give me more respect for the sport and appreciation for the outdoors.

I could imagine someone growing up doing this stuff being quite ungrateful for what they have.

you can tell I'm a spud boy, eh?

I spent most of my growing up time in Twin Falls. My Dad was a fish cop (worked for the Idaho Fish and Game - various positions) for over 30++ years. Needless to say I spent some time in the middle of nowhere.
I definitely should have appreciated it more.

Spent 6 days there in the spring around 1993? tagging along w my dad on a business trip. Flew to Idaho Falls went to Wyoming for a day, Saw 2 full grown Moose up close and personal at a public access on a river right by a highway, they busted out of the thick woods directly across from us and slid down the bank and splashed into the river, gorgeous in the bright sun, I had no idea their backs were iridescent. They made their way downstream along the steep slope and falling in the river startling 3 guys in a drift boat who were 20' from them, guide was paddling like mad to get away from them but they moved with them and stayed near the boat till they went back in the woods, left the camera in the car!!. Saw about 600 Elk beside a road behind a fence where they were down for the winter being fed by the state got pics of them some were 30 yrds from the fence. Snowstorm came down the mountain quick like doom and darkness and we jumped in the car and hauled butt to get out of there. Drove to Riggins saw hundreds of Mulies from Boise to Riggins all along the bare mountains and spent 3 days there while dad worked in Lewiston one day, my brother and I fished w a guide ( Exodus )on the Salmon. Put in at White Bird a huge Jetboat just repowered w twin 385 hp Redline big blocks, three of us on the boat, what a blast the hum of motors and power was unreal. Water was up still melting fishing was poor but brother caught a 5' Sturgeon. My brother and I went to a bar in Riggins that night and could'nt buy a beer, the locals wouldn't let us, shot pool drank and danced till late, some dang nice folks in Riggins. Went on the River again w dad, I caught a 7' Sturgeon it whooped me, got stuck in a deep hole had to back the boat over it, after 10 mins, it finally came loose, took about 40 mins to land and my rod holding arm was so weak afterward I could barely raise a beer to my lips w it for a half hour. Idaho is beautiful and the folks were very friendly, 3 times we had strangers insist on buying our breakfast or dinner when they heard us talking, just to eat w us and ask about life in N.C. Everywhere we stopped along our way people would ask where we were from when we spoke, I did'nt realize I had such a southern drawl. I honestly didn't want to leave Riggins. I told my brother to go back home, sell all my stuff and truck and mail me a check and tell my girlfriend to come on up too............. If she wanted to!.....he wouldn't do it. I'd love to see Idaho again or live there one day....................

Well if any of you sons of guns make it near Boise area, message me and ill buy the first 3 rounds...

Bring ya by the house and get a look at my baby in the garage, or depending on the weather, maybe just get her out on the Snake.

Anytime.

I moved here 8 years ago, and don't think I am eve going to leave this state. Or if I do, it will be just right across the border in MT or WY.

Latest posts