Point of Sale Systems

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
I am looking for a reliable complete point of sale system for our business. Does anyone out there have experience in this field or any recommendations. So far my research has narrowed down to a couple of different companies.

https://www.amberpos.com/
Brilliantpos.com

Any advise or help would be appreciated. If anyone has these systems in place I would love to hear the pros and cons.

Thanks
Kevin

Can't help much here, but I am seeing a lot of places using iPads now. Not sure if that would work for you or not.

I serviced POS and P2P systems for NCR. 35 years.

Anything you can buy today will be faster and probably more reliable than ours turned out to be. When the Salesman starts speaking in Megahertz of communication speed, ask if it's Point to point or Batch. IBM uses Batch and it has some 'snake bites' to deal with.

The Printers, Keyboards and Scanners are the most-often Service needed items.
Be sure to pay for the Maintenance service. It will save you time and money.

How many Terminals will you be planning on?
Will your Data Entry be made by a portable scanning device?

My last day at work was in 1996. The whole world of POS has passed me by....maybe.
PM me if I can help.

Thanks for the reply Thud, I want to own the equipment, not a fan of cloud based systems with the Ipad. The quotes I have received do include one wireless device that has all station functionality. I will use this device for inventory adjustments and an extra station when we are busy. I have asked for two stations in all of my quotes and so far Brilliant pos seems to suit my needs. We will pay for the yearly support and updates, what gets me is they have a licensing fee for each station. I guess thats how they make their money. The equipment seems to be the same for most of the quotes, touchscreen with printer customer bar and cash drawer. I will purchase the bar code printer separately. I was quite surprised how many systems are out there. Looks like I am around the 6k range for two stations. What do you think about the brilliant pos?

It looks like they have all the questions answered. Someone with experience set that product up.

Keep 'levels of Access' in mind as you learn the product. Keep your hirelings fingers out of the system, beyond scanning input and price changes.

Latest posts