There are still good people out there. (Video Added!!!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natetrack

Reaction score
I'll start by saying that my oldest daughter Skylar has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. She is four years old and is so far unable to walk, crawl, or talk. She is able to communicate through sign language and always has a smile for visitors and family.

Yesterday a group from State Bank and Trust, a local bank in Fargo, ND, built a wheelchair ramp at our house. We were the recipients of a program called pay it forward which was based on Oprah's pay it forward program. Each employee at the company was given $1000 to help anybody they chose. A group of individuals put together their money and heard about Skylar through a friend of a friend of a friend and now we have this ramp.

We are very appreciative and I am glad to say that there are still people in this world that actually care about others.

Attachments

• 0618081316.jpg
    0618081316.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 429
That is totally awesome!!! I'm glad to see that "pay it forward" is being done in others parts of the states. My son just graduated from Middle School and his new principal started a "pay it forward" program with the kids and it is totally awesome. They raise money for the elderly and they just spend time helping families that need it. Congrats on your new ramp and the opportunity to be included in such a wonderful thing!!

Looks like they did a real nice job on the ramp. I bet it makes life a little easier for you. Take care and wish your family well.

I am resurrecting my old thread to give everybody some new news. People Magazine was at our house today for a photo shoot of my family for the story they are doing about the bank that provided the ramp for us. The magazine is going to be available in about two weeks.

Sorry, but i feel like the parent of a celebrity. :D

natetrack said:
I am resurrecting my old thread to give everybody some new news. People Magazine was at our house today for a photo shoot of my family for the story they are doing about the bank that provided the ramp for us. The magazine is going to be available in about two weeks.

Sorry, but i feel like the parent of a celebrity. :D

Thanks for bringing it back and sharing the good news.

No need to be sorry. You ARE the parent of a celebrity !!!! =D>

If anybody wants to get this magazine, the article came out today in People Magazine. It is in the issue with Tom Cruise on the cover. The article is about the State Bank of Fargo and what they have done for families in the area.

I can sign autographs if anybody wants to mail me there copy. 8)

Latest posts