Mod's rules regarding references and links to outside sites

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kofkorn

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank the Mods for the amazing forum and atmosphere. I'm a member of several other forums for completely unrelated topics, but I wanted you to know that I find this place to be the friendliest and most helpful forum that I visit. While the users are certainly a part of this, I know it starts from the top.

On several of the other sites I visit, the Mods generate a hostile feeling environment by constantly telling users to "Start your own thread!" or bashing for duplicate posts, or my favorite, "Use the search button" In the end, it keeps users from providing opinions or commenting with knowledge, which is critical for any good forum.

So nice work!

Now that I'm done blowing sunshine...

I have a question that I didn't find the answer to in the user guides: Is there any policy on referencing outside boating sites? What about providing links in a reply? I'm not speaking of any specific sites, and I'm not an owner of any of these outside sites. I know in several of my comments that I've provided a name or website, and haven't received any reprimand yet... but I wanted to find out if this was generally frowned upon.

I know of several forums where links are strictly forbidden, and I don't get that feeling here, but it's always been question when I go to post something.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I don't mind outside links or references to other boating sites, I actually think they are cool and it helps this site become a good resource.

I feel as though if we keep the site friendly and the information flowing, readers and members will come back anyway, I am never afraid of other sites stealing members. :lol:

What I do mind is if someone is here and all they do is promote a product or site and don't contribute at all other than just that.

Jim

Latest posts