What do you have planned for the winter?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseverns

Reaction score
With winter coming up soon, what do you have plannned? I am in the process of getting my 2015 Weldbilt 1652V ready for duck season 2014-2015. Then I am going to be chasing ducks every weekend from November 22nd to January 25th. Add in some extended family time in between for Turkey day and Xmas.

Attachments

• boat15.jpg
    boat15.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 889
I'm planning on fishing all winter if the weather allows :LOL2: . My 1648 is pretty much the way I want it for now. Thanks to the folks on the forum I got a lot of advise and ideas during my build and kept me from making really bad mistakes, like using treated wood.

boat was winterized, covered and put away for the winter last weekend. now it is time to HUNT! I have already bagged 1 doe so far. plan on hunting all weekend!

Split wood, fix the tractor to plow with, winterize the boat, blow leaves, and by the time that's all done tax season will be here and I will have no life.

:twisted: Hopefully the weather will cooperate this upcoming season. I plan on hitting some Winter League tornaments here in South Jersey.

11/1 Salem Canal
11/8 Rainbow Lake
11/15 Malaga Lake
11/22 Parvins Lake
11/29 Union Lake
12/6 cedarville Lake
12/13 Rainbow Lake
12/20 Parvins Lake
12/27 Iona Lake
1/3 Malaga Lake
1/10 svp (south vineland park)
1/17 Union Lake
1/24 Menantico Lake
1/31 Parvins Lake
2/7 Rainbow Lake
2/14 Iona Lake
2/21 Union Lake
2/28 Malaga Lake

Next week, set up my portable garage from Harbor Freight
After that I need to run some power to the garage. Hopefully with a 220v line just in case I need it.
Finish converting my jet ski trailer to a boat trailer for my 12' tin can. Need to add 3' or 4' to the tongue and maybe a couple of extra support tubes from the frame to the tongue.
Finish my boat floor and decks. Add some sort of floor covering and deck covering. Add lights, both navigation and inside LED (blue).
Break in the new (to me) OB motor. Got a brand new short block in the engine. A 4.5 HP Ted Williams.
Go Fishing!!!

Fishing & night fishing at lake Fairfield ( power plant lake ). Nothing like night fishing for bass during the winter time. Haven't fished Fairfield since before 2011. The summers of 2011 & 2012 dealt out 2 big fish kills so the state didn't decide to restock after the 2nd one in 2012. People are still catching bass & redfish out of it so its about time to go & check it out again. My other plans include lots of crappie & sand bass fishing followed by chasing hybrid stripers along with trying to catch some trophy blue cats out of Richland Chambers reservoir.

Try to get one more trip in before it gets real cold. Have not been out much this year. Then put the tin away, then Roof when the weather allows,and plow snow when it doesn't. And as always repair any damage done this year to the water ride.

Latest posts