Stack-On safe WOW!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
So, My wife gave me a Stack-On safe for Christmas a couple of years ago to store a couple of my guns, and the usual stuff you keep in a safe.

Well, low and behold, I was going to take my son to the range today to shoot some clays and I go down to the safe and…the battery to the combo lock is dead. Guess where all my spare keys are #-o Yup, In the safe. :LOL2:

Holy Crap, What am I going to do? Use a paperclip of course. So much for an ounce of security. I tried it and it did work.

[youtube]YA-g-BNTCtE[/youtube]

Any lock can be picked. Some are just easier than others. Remember the padlock commercial where the shoot through the center of the lock? Lock stayed locked. But a normal hammer blow from the top of that exact same lock and they opened with ease.

:LOL2: I know having a safe (stack on also) does no good but i leave my keys in the lock. Please note the room the safe is in is locked (B.S. door lock) and I have no small kids running around anymore and four very large american bulldogs that love to protect (If someone was to break in) But like keystone said there is no lock that can not be opened. Remember locks ae only for honest people, I hope you get it open and take the boy to the range :beer:

As far as a regular pad lock, the "Master" brand is one of the easiest to pick.

fool4fish1226 said:
:LOL2: I know having a safe (stack on also) does no good but i leave my keys in the lock. Please note the room the safe is in is locked (B.S. door lock) and I have no small kids running around anymore and four very large american bulldogs that love to protect (If someone was to break in) But like keystone said there is lock that can not be opened. Remember locks ae only for honest people, I hope you get it open and take the boy to the range :beer:

What he said.