Sick Cat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
Our cat stoppped eating last week some time. We have notcied he was losing weight over the past few weeks. Took him to the vet and he had a kidney and urinary tract infection. They gave him a few shots and some meds for us to give to him. That was on tuesday. He still is not eating much at all. The vet said to spoon feed him.... :shock: can you picture that? He is drinking water. I tried giving him some of his favorite foods....but nada.

Any ideas on how I can get the cat to eat? [-o<

Do you normally feed him dry or wet food? Just thinking the smell of the wet cat food may intice him to eat. Male cats are prone to getting a urinary tract infection where they have some type of crytallization from their urine I believe. Did the vet offer any other suggestions about getting him to eat, besides spoon feeding him? Hope he gets better.

Sorry to hear that your ct is Ill... when my dogs are feeling bad i will try some boiled chicken or ground beef
Boiling it removes the fat you can mix in a small amount of rice but I would start with just meat
be sure if you feed the cat canned food it is low ash i remember that was the trouble we had with our cat
good luck

Wayne

Usually he eats both wet and dry food.

We tried milk...he didn't touch it. He almost never eats table food.

The vet said to try the milk and spoon feed him....that was a PITA!

I found this plastic measuring syring thing that we give the kids medicine with......I drilled the opening out to make it bigger so i could suck up some soft cat food and shoot it in the cats mouth. I got him to eat a little earlier. I'll just have to keep at it. [-o<

My cat had the same exact symptoms you descibe, but also had a seizure one night about a week and a half ago. I took him to the vet the next morning and he had another seizure there while the vet was in the room. His left front paw would pull up toward his neck and he would fall over not being able to stand. He would then stumble around two or three minutes while he regained his balance. They did check his blood and it came back fine. They gave him an IV since he was partailly dehydrated. His weight was down to 7lb 7oz from a normal 11 lb. They still have no idea as to what is wrong with him. They tell me sometimes cats have problems that are very hard to diagnose and that there is not a "fix" they can prescribe. They gave me two types of medicine to give him twice a day. After two or three days he started eating canned food and about a week later started eating dry food. I gave him some small chunks of fresh raw fish friday and he gobbled it down with no problem. I have had my cat for twelve years an he is my buddy. He is a man's cat. I hope your cat is going to be OK. Good Luck.

He went in for a check up today. He is getting his strength back....still not eating on his own. The vet gave us another med to help with his appetite. I guess we will see if it works. [-o<

ACarbone624 said:
He went in for a check up today. He is getting his strength back....still not eating on his own. The vet gave us another med to help with his appetite. I guess we will see if it works. [-o<

Everyone is hoping right along with you that he's getting better
thumb_thumbsup_smilie.gif

Latest posts