What did you get yourself for Christmas??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paper

Reaction score
I tend to spoil myself this time of year.. No wife (ex or otherwise) no kids, no debt..

This year I bought myself a 96' MirroCraft 14' fishing boat that already had a trolling motor/Eagle fish locator/and a few other goodies, (hence the reason for reactivating my account here), a very lightly used 86' Yamaha 15hp outboard, an almost new Merc 3.3 for those all day trolling outings, and it all came on a nice trailer..

And for dessert I snagged a Glock 17C police trade in handgun.. :D

What Santa bring you??

Jim said:
This year I purchased a new Chefs knife, a Thermoworks thermometer, Some gloves, and a new range bag. I went all out. :LOL2:

Very nice!! I so need a range bag.. I just never look at them when I should..

I kinda forgot the point I was trying to make.. I've been without a boat for several years and really missed not having a way to jump on the river and wander upstream to a couple favorite fishing holes. I've actually been boat shopping for 3 months and I snagged the entire boat package for well under $1500.. That's everything, including both motors.. And I inspected both closely and the 3.3 had just gotten a new impeller, and both came with extras..

I'd started out looking and figuring on spending almost double that, but boat buying in December, when people want clean out garages is a good thing.. :)

Guess I got an early xmas present when I traded my old rig in on a 2014 Alumacraft Classic 165 cs w/ Merc 60 4s, the dealer moved the Terrova/IP and electronics over to the new one and I've got a HDS 7 gen 2 in the shed I need to network in. Been a good year/xmas for me imo.

Anybody got any Ethernet cables they wanna sell??

Merry xmas to all .

Jim said:
KMixson said:
I will finish building my new AR-15 just before Christmas. The last part should here Friday.

Better post pictures.......or it didnt happen. 8)

IMG_20141217_140828_911[1].jpg

IMG_20141217_140710_225.jpg

I am getting the barrel and gas block Friday according to tracking. The barrel will be a Blackhole Weaponry 18" Mid-Length Stainless 5.56 with 1:8 Twist. The gas block is a Syrac Ordinance Gen II Adjustable Gas Block. This is my second build.

TNtroller said:
Guess I got an early xmas present when I traded my old rig in on a 2014 Alumacraft Classic 165 cs w/ Merc 60 4s, the dealer moved the Terrova/IP and electronics over to the new one and I've got a HDS 7 gen 2 in the shed I need to network in. Been a good year/xmas for me imo.

Merry xmas to all .

how much do you need?

KMixson said:
I am getting the barrel and gas block Friday according to tracking. The barrel will be a Blackhole Weaponry 18" Mid-Length Stainless 5.56 with 1:8 Twist. The gas block is a Syrac Ordinance Gen II Adjustable Gas Block. This is my second build.

Did you go with a straight 5.56?? I've got some barrels on hand for future upper builds and I think two are 5.56 and two are .223 Wylde.. I typically put 5.56 on guns with open sights and .223 Wylde on guns I'll be scoping.. Part of this is more than likely in my head, but a fair amount of accuracy is just that, anyway.. :D

paper said:
KMixson said:

Did you go with a straight 5.56?? I've got some barrels on hand for future upper builds and I think two are 5.56 and two are .223 Wylde.. I typically put 5.56 on guns with open sights and .223 Wylde on guns I'll be scoping.. Part of this is more than likely in my head, but a fair amount of accuracy is just that, anyway.. :D

I went with a 5.56 barrel. It will shoot .223 also. The way I understand it the .223 Wylde is a "best of both worlds" 5.56 and .223 chamber which is supposed to more accurate than a straight 5.56 or .223 chamber would be. That would make it a good candidate for a scope. This gun will only have the scope on it right now. My first AR-15 has a red dot sight that you can use the folding back-up iron sights with. I am not crazy about the front iron sight post setup on most all sights I have seen. I am looking at getting something different.

KMixson said:
I am not crazy about the front iron sight post setup on most all sights I have seen. I am looking at getting something different.

I'm with you.. I don't like the front post in the way unless I'm using it for High Power or standard issue matches..

My current match rifle is a RRA ATH Carbine (18" in .223 Wylde) with a RRA lower and a 3# Timney skeleton trigger.. But I really enjoy building rifles either from kit or scratch..

This one was long since sold but it was a favorite.. The youngster is a friend's sone and he BEAMED when I asked him if he wanted to hold it.. :)

zachgun.jpg

And my very first build.. (which I still have)

vmt20rtft.jpg

KMixson said:
I will finish building my new AR-15 just before Christmas. The last part should here Friday.

Hey, since you're a fellow a gun advocate ( :beer: ), what's your views/opinion on Rock River Arms Lar 47(Ar-15/AK hybrid)?
Man I'd L-O-V-E it if Santa brought me one of those puppies! =P~

What Santa bring you??

The gift that keeps on giving..aka an ungrateful wife & kid, a meddlesome mother-in-law, A-hole brother-in-law (sister's hubby) & a nutter-than-a-Christmas-fruit-cake-mother . And they all in turn gave me.....
high blood pressure & irregularity. :lol:.. :?

I on the other hand, got for myself (actually for the family) a 4050 watt Generator from Menards Black Friday sale (only $200.00 \:D/ ). But just for me, a Botstich heavy duty 4.5" Angle Grinder with 3 handle settings (Meijer 50% off clearance-$36.00). A Peterson rectangular submersible trailer light kit (again Meijers clearance for $14.00). A pair of waterproof work/hiking boots regularly $50.00 for $19.00 (again meijers-BF sale). And finally, a portable, 100psi, 3 gallon pancake air compressor from Harbor Freight for $9.00 (not a typo, yes NINE dollars).

I think the Rock River Arms LAR-47 would be a wonderful weapon to own. I am a big fan of ammo that is priced at a rate that you can actually shoot without breaking the bank. The 7.62X39 qualifies in that category.

fool4fish1226 said:
TNtroller said:

Merry xmas to all .

how much do you need?

PM sent

My other hobby is radio control aviation. And since the weather is too bad to get my helicopters out, I decided to get something I could fly indoors. So I bought me the worlds smallest radio controlled nano quadcopter. :lol: :lol:

JMichael said:
My other hobby is radio control aviation. And since the weather is too bad to get my helicopters out, I decided to get something I could fly indoors. So I bought me the worlds smallest radio controlled nano quadcopter. :lol: :lol:
Hmmm, interesting. Does a ceiling fan push it around?

Latest posts