Tinboats 2015 BIGGEST LOSER Challange

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one100grand

Reaction score
I figured I'd take the lead on this thread this year. I've been working on losing weight now for the past 3 years and have made gradual but consistent progress. I ended 2014 on a bit of a weight upswing and started this year at a higher number than I wanted, but I've got a hold on things and I'm moving in the right direction. I weigh in every Friday and will be posting my numbers here for every week. My goal this year (as it was last year) to focus on a combination of losing weight and improving fitness. I would like to get my weight down to 200, which I recognize may not be a realistic number.

1/2 - 226.6

I am in, Been hitting the Gym 3 days per week now for 3 weeks and am on a program on the way to being Mr Olympia. :LOL2:

Short term goal is to get to 220, long term goal is 200. Last I checked I was 240 :shock:

I've consistently been putting weight on for the last 2 decades and in the middle of December I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time and was shocked to see a new record..

305.5 :shock:

A friend of mine lost 60 pounds last summer on the "Primal Diet" by eating sensibly and staying away from grains and sugar. So on 12/20 I had a long discussion with him and I started.. It's less of a diet and more of a common sense lifestyle change that's been really easy to follow.. I'm not a sweets guy and I've always loved raw veggies.. My only issue is I love bread.. With this, an occasional bit of bread is a treat, not a meal. [-X

Anyway, as of today 1/9/15 I'm down 10 pounds and feel much better!!

So I'll start this today at 295.5.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the bottom!! =D>

one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6

1/9 - 220 - I recorded previously, but didn't post it. I know my beginning of year number was a bit influenced by too much beer and food around the New Year. I know the 220 is an arbitrarily low number compared to where I expect my year should actually start. I'm anticipating my weigh in this week will be around roughly 223.

Im IN again too. Started the year a bit embarrased with what I "undid" over the holiday break. Yes...I gained back 10 lbs....but it's coming off!

Started the year at 217.6lb I WILL get down to last year's goal of 200lb in 2015!

Oh...and thanks Grand for starting this thread (which I intended to do before the new year). Due to my work conditions (which aren't good) I've not been on much lately. I hope all this changes in 2015.

I'm in again! I quit weighing last year because I got mad at my scales. Hey, got to blame something. Overall, I ended up losing 12 lbs last year. Not as good as I hoped seeing how I had gone from 344 to 319 by March, then floated between 319-322 most of the year. Much like Fender, I ended the year on an upswing. Here we go!

01/08/15 332.6

one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6
1/9 - 220 - I recorded previously, but didn't post it. I know my beginning of year number was a bit influenced by too much beer and food around the New Year. I know the 220 is an arbitrarily low number compared to where I expect my year should actually start. I'm anticipating my weigh in this week will be around roughly 223.

1/16 - I did not record; I broke my leg on 1/13 and can't exactly stand on a scale. I'm in an aircast and when I'm able to put any weight on that foot, I'll weigh in and post the number up. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a good jump on the year and I'll probably have some ground to make up as soon right off the bat. It's a long year though and I will stick to it and will get going the right direction.

I started my diet on 12/20 and one month later I'm very happy to say that today I weighed exactly 14 pounds less than I did on that day.

:p

Started 2015 at 217.6lb I WILL get down to last year's goal of 200lb in 2015!

01/16/15 - 214.6 3lbs.....I'll take it!

Hope your leg heals fast Grand. Prayers sent.

one100grand said:
one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6

1/16 - I did not record; I broke my leg on 1/13 and can't exactly stand on a scale. I'm in an aircast and when I'm able to put any weight on that foot, I'll weigh in and post the number up. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a good jump on the year and I'll probably have some ground to make up as soon right off the bat. It's a long year though and I will stick to it and will get going the right direction.

1/23 - Still can't get on a scale to record weight. I'm still here though and rooting for everyone to achieve their goals!

one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6

1/23 - Still can't get on a scale to record weight. I'm still here though and rooting for everyone to achieve their goals!

1/30 - Next week I should be able to get on the scale to record. I'm a little scared, I haven't been eating poorly, but I also haven't been eating great either. If I have a weight loss, I'm pretty sure it will be muscle loss unfortunately.

Ah...I forgot to step on the scale this morning. I'll try to remember to do so tomorrow. I feel lighter and my belt is slightly better fitting...but..the proof is (kind of) in the scale...if you go by #s.

one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6

1/30 - Next week I should be able to get on the scale to record. I'm a little scared, I haven't been eating poorly, but I also haven't been eating great either. If I have a weight loss, I'm pretty sure it will be muscle loss unfortunately.

2/6 - 219.8 - The good news is that I'm able to get on a scale and the numbers are down. I do feel that I'm losing muscle and that's the cause of my weight loss...not anything that I've actually done. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered in a couple of weeks and able to get back to full gym activities.

01/16/2015 - 214.6 3lbs.....I'll take it!
01/23/2015 - 212.6 WooHoo!
02/06/2015 - 213.2 I blame the superbowl food. #-o

I've been MIA for awhile. You guys are doing good. I haven't weighed since the last time I posted here until today. So here goes.

01/08/15 332.6
02/12/15 324.6

RStewart said:
I've been MIA for awhile. You guys are doing good. I haven't weighed since the last time I posted here until today. So here goes.

01/08/15 332.6
02/12/15 324.6

You're Rockin' it! Awesome!

01/16/2015 - 214.6 3lbs.....I'll take it!
01/23/2015 - 212.6 WooHoo!
02/06/2015 - 213.2 I blame the superbowl food. #-o
02/20/2015 - 211.0 forgot to weigh in last week again....but making progress.

Latest posts