boat seat options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbo225

Reaction score
OK guys and gals I need some help I have a 1232 Jon and I need some pics of or info on ways to put the seat mounts on my jon i dont want a fixed pedestal I need it low as possible due to stability... so I looked at clamping seat mount anyone used these....looks like of you sit the hook it might come off thanks jamie

I have the clamp seat mounts, ( found at yard sale) they work pretty good ,low profile and are adjustable. I keep mine a little loose, not too loose, but loose enought to slide side to side for level out the boat.
Seats I got a Walmart, the cheap plastic ones.....wish I would have got the ones with the seat cushion. Rough on the butt after awhille. I could also take them out in wanted too....but I never have had since I put them in.
Over all I'm happy with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 760
I did the same thing on my small boat. I did at one point have one of the nice cushion seats. Made me feel a bit uneasy in the boat, so I changed that out to the hard plastic seats. Better than sitting on the bench.

Another option to consider is by Attwood I believe, its just a flat seat mount that will allow the seat to spin 360 and is only mounted about 1" or less in height. It is a permanent mount with no built in adjustment. Four bolts hold the swivel bracket to the seat bench and four bolts hold the seat base. Pretty simple and effective.

I have the swivel seat mount bug how do you bolt it down to the bench with only a 1"space I can figure if out??

jbo225 said:
I have the swivel seat mount bug how do you bolt it down to the bench with only a 1"space I can figure if out??

Place the swivel base where you want it, drill the holes in the boat, then mount the swivel base to the seat base, then mount to the boat. Can use jack nuts or regular nuts/bolts depending on if you have access to the underside of the mounting position. will need to use a box end or open end wrench to in between the seat base and boat material. It's a pain but effective.

i have done the swivel bases mounted to a bench and i have done the "pin" bases. lowes sells a blind nut kit that allows you to get a nut into the unaccessable side of the bench. i was skeptical but they have been doing great for years in my boat.

Latest posts