What a river trip...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
I thought some of you might find this interesting...

https://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jun/22/duo-conquer-river-journey/

Sounds like they really had a fun time.Probably all kinds of different events happened will never here about.That Honda 4stroke never let them down,outboard problems could of ruined a trip like that.

I have a couple of friends that went down the Cumberland River from eastern KY to Paducah two years ago. They had a blast except for hitting some rapids and some shallow stuff on the most eastern end of their trip.

Cool ! 8) . Something to tell the grandkids (which they probably alrteady have some, lol) about. I see the boat has KY registration numbers on it 8) . I bet that call from DHS made their day also, lol, and I'm bettin' the tugboat Capt was armed when he approached them...........might have thought they were river pirates....Arggh
jolly_roger.JPG

They don't play around the dam area anymore. That's why they are building a new bridge over the river north of the dam and removing the road from the top of it.

There for a while you couldn't get within 250 yards of the dam even by boat unless you were cleared from the lock house to lock through. It screwed up a lot of people's fishing plans.

Understand that and don't blame them for the precautionary steps with the new construction. Even here at Lake Pee Wee (our reservoir), after 9/11, you can't get within a 100 yds of the dam, and they closed the back ramp and dock on the farside of the lake. However, the reason we (local jon boat types) feel they closed the back ramp was due to new construction of some very high-end expensive homes right by the ramp access road. $$$ talks!