I'm back

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I’m back from my trip. The main purpose was to bring the daughters bedroom belongings down to her. The guy picked up her van on Thursday the 5th and it was delivered Sunday the 8th. Cost me $695.00 for that service. My wife and I left about 5:30am on June 7th and stopped for the night at the Travel Inn in Atlanta, Texas. For $48.00/night it was alright. The trailer I borrowed has about 8’ x 5’ square and 7’ tall inside. It was flat on the front and created a lot of drag. With the wind resistance, strong headwinds and added weight in the trailer we got 11 MPG in my wife’s Silverado. We got 15 MPG when we went to Florida.

While we were in Texas I did get to go fishing 4 times. Nothing spectacular in the totals but had a great time fishing with the Outlaws. I caught a lot of Rat Reds, a couple of Speckled Trout, too many Hardheads, a pair of Flounder and a Snapper (Vermillion, I was told). Due to technical difficulties (BIL didn’t hold the button long enough) I didn’t get any pictures of my keeper Redfish (23.5”) or the 2 Flounder (18” and 20”). We left Texas about 7:30 am Monday June 16 for Florida.

We stayed with a couple of friends in Panama City Beach. No fishing but we had a good time none the less. We left Florida at 10:15 Sunday June 22nd and planned to drive straight through. Everything was going well until we hit some road construction in Alabama where it seems they only occasionally post detour route signs. Sure glad we carry a road atlas so we could rethink our route. Only other real problem was a low speed blowout outside of Louisville on one of the trucks back tires. Good thing we were only doing like 20 MPH due to Kentucky road work when it blew. We stopped and had breakfast at 6:15am Monday morning a few miles from home. Got home, put away the frozen shrimps we brought back, showered and hit the sack for a few hours of much needed sleep. I’m glad that trip is over with. Now I need to work some overtime to pay for the gas we used.

Nickk said:
what's a hardhead?

A hardhead is a salt water catfish that most people consider a waste of time as they steal your bait, don't fight much and I don't know of anyone that eats them. They have a slime covering that is mildly toxic and if you get stuck you really feel it. A real deep jab can cause nausea and you'll want to amputate the part that got stuck as it hurts like Hell.

https://www.texasgulfcoastfishing.com/catfish.htm

Latest posts