South West Louisiana...anyone?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
Leaving MN at the end of the month for two or so weeks. Want to head to SW LA for a few days. Wouldn't mind doing a bit of fishing. Anyone in the Lake Charles/Lake Arthur area on the board? Looking for a half day trip or maybe a full day. Catch a few fish I've never seen would be fun.

Keystone said:
Leaving MN at the end of the month for two or so weeks. Want to head to SW LA for a few days. Wouldn't mind doing a bit of fishing. Anyone in the Lake Charles/Lake Arthur area on the board? Looking for a half day trip or maybe a full day. Catch a few fish I've never seen would be fun.

Well, we are not far from there, but are still in Texas. Our lake is spring fed, crystal clear water that boasts bass and crappie. Near by Lake Fork is a huge bass lake, and nearby Sabine river has catfish. Any of that interest you? You are sure welcome to come to East Texas.

Keith
Tyler, Texas

I'm trying to make a trip to lake calcasiu.
If your looking for a guide, I can only recommend hackberry rod and gun club. Don't know anyone in the areas you mentioned.

huntinfool said:
I'm trying to make a trip to lake calcasiu.
If your looking for a guide, I can only recommend hackberry rod and gun club. Don't know anyone in the areas you mentioned.

Hey Katy, Tx,

I'm with you. I know you are just out of Houston, and we are Tyler. Can't think of anybody in that area either. Well, except for maybe Uncle Si. We will keep thinking on it......

Keith
Tyler, Texas

TexasLoneStar56 said:
Keystone,

Two Texans have answered you. Guess we are living up to our name..."The Friendly State". =D> =D> =D>

Thanks. Posted this two weeks ago. Just returned from an all inclusive vacation in the ICU and Hospital. Not fun.

I'm looking more along the line of Salt water.

Tyler, TX. Was there in July 2013 with my Motorcycle Club (we had our big meet there). Nice city. HOT though.

LOL! Yes Sir, East Texas is HOT and humid in July. Especially on a Harley. 8)

Sorry to about your recent "vacation". Do hope you are well and healthy. [-o<

Will keep thinking on the LA trip for you.

Take Care,
Keith

Thanks Keith, appreciate that.

Depart in 10 days or so (may leave earlier than the 26th.). Looking forward to relaxing in the warmth, visiting some friends and taking a ride on my new Harley.

Keystone said:

Depart in 10 days or so (may leave earlier than the 26th.). Looking forward to relaxing in the warmth, visiting some friends and taking a ride on my new Harley.
Might want to set your standards a bit lower on the "warmth" part. Its supposed to freeze tonight. It will get up in the lower 70's by the weekend and then it dips back down again.

huntinfool said:
Keystone said:

Might want to set your standards a bit lower on the "warmth" part. Its supposed to freeze tonight. It will get up in the lower 70's by the weekend and then it dips back down again.

I won't bother telling you that "freezing" is a warm up! :LOL2: Wait, I just did!

Oh, btw, I have plug in clothes. I stay toasty warm on cold days. I've ridden here in the past down to 17*. That was the night I decided to buy heated gear. Riding in the 40's now is easy. I can heat my feet, legs, chest and hands as needed..

Looks like I will be doing some saltwater fishing next week as long as the weather is OK. :D :D Red Fish and Sea Trout. Never fished for either one. Looking forward to doing a bit different type of fishing.

Latest posts