Moms and cats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I love my mother. Her heart is in the right place but sometimes... She will be 81 on July 16th. She has 3 cats of her own and feeds several others outside. This past winter there was an obviously pregnant cat that she allowed into her garage. It had 2 kittens. Soon she wanted to give them away but the save-a-pet organization wanted her to deliver them. She decided to get them accustomed to human contact so she let them into the house (against the advice from my sister and myself). Today it was time to take the male kitten to the vet for neutering. He has never sat in her lap or even let her pet him. She wanted me to catch it and put it in the travel carrier. I got my leather gloves and went over there. He was closed up in the bathroom. I got in there and saw it sitting on the toilet seat. As I got within 3 feet he went bizerk. He lept over the little half wall that creates some privacy, onto the counter ran to the wall by the door (which I had closed behind me), hit the wall 2 feet above the counter, turned and ran on the wall (sort of like Jackie Chan) and around me back to the toilet and did it again. All kinds of things that 80 year old women collect and keep on their bathroom counters was all over the place. The cat did this trip 2.5 times and I managed to grab it as it made its run along the wall. I had to wrestle with it for over a full minute before I could control it enough to have my mother open the door. Once she opened the door the cat renwed it's escape efforts and it took almost another minute to control it and throw it in the carrier and slam the door shut. All the while, this 6 pound Beast from Hell was scratching and biting me. Afterwards my mother and I talked and I think she is of the mind that this cat does not come back into her house.

The cat bit through my thumb nail. I saw 1/2 of it's canine tooth buried in my thumb. The red line is where the nail is split. I'm sure some of it is going to come off and probably at the most inopportune moment.

attack_1.jpg

attack_2.jpg

These scratches bled like a stuck pig and were actually dripping

attack_3.jpg

This scratch is actually the worst one but the camera angle doesn't really reflect that.

attack_4.jpg

If I have to go back and try to catch any more I'm bringing Fluffy with me

fluffy.jpg

Next time, try to calm it with some fresh Lake Michigan salmon, coho, shinook, etc. I'm sure that would have worked :wink: :lol:

There is a reason we have 4 1/2 dogs.....

Wait, so if your cat has canine teeth, does my lab have feline teeth.....? :lol: :D

Incredible how much power a little (wild) animal can have.
Umm...bassboy 4 1/2 dogs,gotta ask which half do you have?

My mother talked with the vet about the cat and they agreed that unless she knew someone that wanted a barn cat (which she doesn't) the best course of action would be to put it down, which they did. There was no way that thing could have been a house cat.

I was wondering how long it would take before half a dog tripped someone up.

We have 4 dogs that are ours:
An 85 pound black lab
A 35 pound full size dachshund
A 15 pound Schipperky
and a 10 pound miniature dachshund.

But, we have a friend who ended up with the family dog in divorce, but is a cat person, so their 13 year old yellow lab stays over there just long enough to keep her kids happy, and the rest of the time, she is over here. She is over here about half the time, so I consider it half a dog in the long run. :D :lol:

flounderhead59 said:
bassboy1 said:
She is over here about half the time, so I consider it half a dog in the long run. :D :lol:

And I was gonna say the 10 pound miniature dachshund was the half a dog.

Then my dog would be 1/4 of a dog :mrgreen:

I'll tell ya, My mom has a Daschound-Chihuahua and she's got a bark! she sounds the alarm then the pittbull-terrier checks out the danger. :)

Dachsunds r good fishing dogs. lol dont take up too much room. i have one. my grandpa had one also. when we took his fishing with us. we gave him the lil fish and he would tear them fish up. but that dog always ate out the eyes first. :shock:

flounderhead59 said:
bassboy1 said:
She is over here about half the time, so I consider it half a dog in the long run. :D :lol:

And I was gonna say the 10 pound miniature dachshund was the half a dog.
If you get attacked by her, you won't be saying that. The rule is that the front door doesn't get opened, to let someone in, until after she has been thrown in the closet. If the doorbell rings, she is ready to attack, and has caused a bit of bloodshed.

Latest posts