Bad Gas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMixson

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What do you do with your bad gas/oil mix? I work for a company now that has another company that picks up our used oil and waste fuel so I would have no problem getting rid of it now. Before I started with them I had an instance of buying some bad gas and had it a month or two while I was debating on what to do with it. It was six gallons and I could not pour it into my vehicle because of the oil mix. However someone stole it from my place and apparently poured it into their vehicle a about a block away from me at a neighbors house. My neighbor saw me with my boat and asked me if I wanted a boat gas tank he had found in his yard. When he showed it to me I realized it was my tank. I didn't even realize my tank was stolen before he showed it to me. He found my tank along with three other gas cans and a homemade funnel in his yard. I have always wondered how well the vehicle it went into ran after pouring the bad gas/oil mix into it? They actually did me a favor by stealing it. So how do you get rid of your bad gas?

Startron fuel treatment works great on bad gas. Old 2 stroke fuel can be run in many vehicles without any issues, 50/1 fuel is just 2% oil.

i've been known to sneak it into the wifes car.wouldn't think of putting it in my ram tho.in fact,i have a few litres i need to get rid of from last fall.thanks for the reminder.

FWIW I bought a boat w/ 60-gallons of 3+ years-old fuel, I used a special solvent/additive for fuel called PRI-G and it worked! But that was years ago before ethanol-based fuels. I did add 10-gallons of fresh high octane fuel and the motor are it up right up - never burped, farted or coughed.

I have dumped the 2 stroke mix into my 2010 rav4 a bunch of times, never noticed a difference except the fuel gauge went up :)
Of course I do it while the 2 stroke gas is fresh, like in late November.
Tim

I mix in in about half and half with fresh gas in the riding mower. Two stroke mix runs good diluted in the fourstroke.

I dump mine a little into the truck and into the waste oil can, I just tell the auto parts store that it's 0w20 and they take it

Latest posts