thought i was going fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
Well i thought i was going to get to start the 2015 fishing season this morning at the pond around the corner.

Attachments

• 20150315_081310.jpg
    20150315_081310.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 902
  • 20150315_081153.jpg
    20150315_081153.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 902
Looks like what we have...were easily a month behind last year.
There was supposed to be a blizzard again today but we lucked out and getting rain.

I drove past the pond I intended to start my year off at yesterday after dark. I pulled up and could see a ton of water with small ice pockets in the headlights. Well I walked up and stuck my hand in the water to make sure. I was so happy it was all water. As I stood back up a pen fell out of my pocket and I saw it fall in the water and stop. Well it turns out the rain we got all morning simply sat on top of the ice and the water was only 6 inches deep or so lol. I was so bummed. Have yo wait another week or so

derekdiruz said:
I drove past the pond I intended to start my year off at yesterday after dark. I pulled up and could see a ton of water with small ice pockets in the headlights. Well I walked up and stuck my hand in the water to make sure. I was so happy it was all water. As I stood back up a pen fell out of my pocket and I saw it fall in the water and stop. Well it turns out the rain we got all morning simply sat on top of the ice and the water was only 6 inches deep or so lol. I was so bummed. Have yo wait another week or so

thats no good! i would have been too.

Bummer! I know we are in the south, and never get iced over lakes, but I would have been upset too.

Not bragging, just stating fact; :wink:

The surface temp of our lake right now is 57*. Bass will start the spawn at 58*. Saw a fellow fishing yesterday and asked if he had caught anything. He said 5, but put them all back.....getting ready to spawn. =D>

Our weather has gone from sleet and snow to above 60*, all within 2 weeks. Ready for Spring! Bring it on!

Keith
Tyler, Texas

"Religion is a guy in church thinkin' 'bout fishin';
relationship is a guy out fishin' thinkin' 'bout God."

Very well said Muzikman, very well said. =D> =D> =D>
Thank you for sharing that. :)

Latest posts