St. George Island Florida

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been to Florida and have been thinking of taking a trip there. I'd like to go to the Gulf and want to avoid population centers. Need some birding and kayaking and maybe fishing too. I've been looking at the St. George Island area. Camping on the barrier island would be nice and hopefully get in some of the above activities. I haven't any experience with fishing in the Gulf or not much saltwater experience anywhere else for that matter. I'm not sure it's the best in the summer because I assume it gets pretty hot and sticky but maybe with a sea breeze it's ok. I'd like some opinions if anyone care to put them out there. Thx

Should be able to find snook and reds and such - I would suggest getting a guide for at least one day to see who they do it!

We camped at St Joe peninsula SP east of there ONCE. The no-see-ems ate us alive even with the offshore breeze and Avon skin so soft. We escaped to our no-see-em proof screened tent. Ate a sammitch for dinner, turned in early and got out of there the next morning.

Good luck!

nowgrn4 said:
We camped at St Joe peninsula SP east of there ONCE. The no-see-ems ate us alive even with the offshore breeze and Avon skin so soft. We escaped to our no-see-em proof screened tent. Ate a sammitch for dinner, turned in early and got out of there the next morning.

Good luck!

I wondered about that...

Latest posts