Ugly weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Because I'm retired I have more time to complain about things. Let me begin...

I just heard we could get some snow tonight in Minneapolis. Now, I'm not one to complain - wait, I am one to complain. We've had perfect weather for about the last 10 days, the kind of weather that makes you forget, or at least not make you sorry you live in MN. By any standard the beginning of April was pretty perfect. But it's turned ugly and proposed to stay ugly for a few days. I was about to open the boat project for the season but I guess that's off for a little while. I guess the average MN snowfall in April is 4" so, well, there you have it.

Turned cold here in MICH today as well. We usually have a slim chance of flurries in April - although I HAVE seen it snow on my birthday in mid-May once (hated it!) #-o

I was in the same boat as you (pun intended!) regarding wanting to work on the boat project; now she's covered up again until warmer (and drier) weather comes back. :?

By the way, bobberboy - please don't ship any of that across the lake; we have had enough snow this year! :lol:

i hear ya. we have had nice warm days here in Va. but now all of a sudden i am wearing a jacket to work in the morning. i have seen snow on my mtn this time of year.

bobberboy said:
Because I'm retired I have more time to complain about things. Let me begin...

I just heard we could get some snow tonight in Minneapolis. Now, I'm not one to complain - wait, I am one to complain. We've had perfect weather for about the last 10 days, the kind of weather that makes you forget, or at least not make you sorry you live in MN. By any standard the beginning of April was pretty perfect. But it's turned ugly and proposed to stay ugly for a few days. I was about to open the boat project for the season but I guess that's off for a little while. I guess the average MN snowfall in April is 4" so, well, there you have it.

I think Minnesotans earned the right to complain about the weather.
:LOL2:

You may hold the title for most snow/cold but you're not the only one that's getting lousy weather for fishing. So far this year it's either been raining or hurricane force winds. Just to give you an example, we've had about 5 inches of rain over the last 4 days. Today the skies finally cleared and the wind is holding at 16 to 26 mph. The winds supposed to slack off to 8mph tomorrow with chances of rain every day from now through Monday. :cry:

Weather isn't the greatest here either. My job is weather controlled, and so far this year I'm about $5k below my usual income. Hope it breaks here for the next 35 days. I need to work,but after that I don't care. Steady retirement income starting June 1.

Latest posts