Hands free camera mount video catching 100 Shad in the cast

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H20hawgs

Reaction score
Tried the hands free camera mount (patent pending), this afternoon cast netting some Shad. One throw and done today!

https://youtu.be/5ShpK-902bI

Looked like a lot of them went belly up. Do they die that quickly out of water or was that some sort of shock they go through? The guys around here use them for cut bait when catfishing but I'm thinking someone said earlier this month that they like them alive for strippers. I don't ever use them personally.

JMichael said:
Looked like a lot of them went belly up. Do they die that quickly out of water or was that some sort of shock they go through? The guys around here use them for cut bait when catfishing but I'm thinking someone said earlier this month that they like them alive for strippers. I don't ever use them personally.

Some get hit with the lead from the net and die pretty easy. The others are in shock from water temp change in the tank. It's well water and that's what they will be held in at the home holding tank.
I think we lost 7 out of 130 yesterday. We fish them live for Stripers most of the time. At night in the rivers we will sometimes cut bait a few as well. Best bait in the lake this time of year on Lanier.

Latest posts