Got shot at this afternoon...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H20hawgs

Reaction score
Went and caught some Shad this afternoon Sam place as the last video. I kept hearing what I thought was bottle rocks over my head. Then a man appeared arms folded and stared at us. He went into the thicket of pines by his house and fired another but I realized then when it hit the bank 20 yards away it was a 22 long rifle. I still did not think it was intentional but asked my buddy if he heard it hit the bank beside us and he said yes. The guy appeared yet again arms folded looking at us for a few minutes. We waved and nothing. We got ready to throw the net again and this time he shot between me driving and my buddy standing 3' behind me. The bullet whizzed by my head 1' or less and impacted the bank 5' on the other side of the boat... I yelled and he appeared again from the brush arms folded. I yelled a few words then told him the DNR was on the way. He proceeded to go get the rifle and put it in his basement. We called then left.

H20hawgs said:
Went and caught some Shad this afternoon Sam place as the last video. I kept hearing what I thought was bottle rocks over my head. Then a man appeared arms folded and stared at us. He went into the thicket of pines by his house and fired another but I realized then when it hit the bank 20 yards away it was a 22 long rifle. I still did not think it was intentional but asked my buddy if he heard it hit the bank beside us and he said yes. The guy appeared yet again arms folded looking at us for a few minutes. We waved and nothing. We got ready to throw the net again and this time he shot between me driving and my buddy standing 3' behind me. The bullet whizzed by my head 1' or less and impacted the bank 5' on the other side of the boat... I yelled and he appeared again from the brush arms folded. I yelled a few words then told him the DNR was on the way. He proceeded to go get the rifle and put it in his basement. We called then left.
Meeting with them to file a report and show them where he was and get this nut where he belongs... He has been watching too many westerns or something. I thought he was trying to shoot my hat off my head the last shot... Crazy man

Barefoot_Johnny said:
GEEEZZZZEEEEEE dude !! in this day and age, there way too many whack jobs loose.
very first round calls for 911 !!! NOT DNR.
dang, stay away from that spot.
We know the sheriff at the opposite end of the lake who patrols in a boat. He told us to call that county 911 and file the report and then he had DNR follow up with us. We are meeting them on the water tomorrow. This guy was a nut job for sure...

Insanity said:
And yet another reason I don't leave home with out my pistol. I'm the kinda person that would shoot back. :mrgreen:
I thought about running the boat up on the bank and wrapping that 22 around his neck! I came very close to it...

Technically, to all you fellas saying you'd shoot back.... if you could give an honest account that you felt your life was endangered, you'd have been within your rights to shoot back. I know my Glock would have been pointed straight back at him and we have had a good ol Mexican stand off.

Lessee......I can think of at least one felony in your description. Attempted murder! (Possibly just felony endangerment.) Most states have regs against shooting a rifle over a waterway. It might be a stretch, but the DHS could possibly charge him with domestic terrorism.

All because he doesn't want you fishing in "his" pond.

I think I'd push the locals LEO's to level those charges, or go public in the media that they aren't doing thier job.

Roger

Insanity said:
And yet another reason I don't leave home with out my pistol. I'm the kinda person that would shoot back. :mrgreen:

Pistol at range VS. rifle...you lose every time.

Unfortunately nothing will happen to the SOB because its your word vs. his.

onthewater102 said:
Unfortunately nothing will happen to the SOB because its your word vs. his.

[-X [-X

Not if they take the time to recover the slugs from the bank.

You watch too much CSI, police get calls all the time reporting idiot hillbillies being dumbasses with firearms too close to others. Hell, the crazy "indians" (not federally recognized anymore because there's really no native blood left in the people living there) living on the reservation on the other side of the river from me are popping their rifles off all the time and the police don't do anything but show up and get them to calm down.

Even if they did pull a "slug", hard to call a 22 that..., but even if they were recovered it proves nothing. They could have been fired while no-one was on the water, they could have been fired when someone was on the water 1/2 a mile a way that started crying about the sound of gunfire - I'm not saying that's the case, but you're not getting a forensic team out there to scour the bank looking for anything when no one was hurt.

Latest posts