Lost my Wife

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
I have been a member of this site since it's inception, but, when my wife became ill with a rare form of very aggressive Parkinson's, I gradually became less involved. We had to sell our boat because she could not get into it any longer, nor could she hold a pole and fish or reel or anything. She was already in poor shape when we had the outing at Dale Hollow way back when. After that, I was less and less involved and really only read the fishing reports, Watering hole, hobbies, and, of course (as you know) the jokes :) I was no longer participating in any of the other forums nor was I doing any fishing due to being and staying home with her.

My wife of 37 years succumbed to her illness yesterday morning. We were by her side when she passed and she was comfortable and without pain with the morphine we had been giver her the last 3 days. She was a real fighter and hung on for many months longer than she should have, but she wouldn't let go. She was totally disabled, fed through a feeding tube, couldn't move or speak or eat for the past few years.

She is now out of her severe pain and misery and in a better place than what she had been in the last 8 years fighting her disease. It was truly a blessing for her to finally let go.

I don't know what the future holds yet - maybe I'll get back into fishing and golfing, etc.? I am now 66 years old and need to get back into better physical shape as a first and highest priority. I retired after 30 years as a police officer in July of 2008, the same year my wife became ill and I had my bladder and prostrate removed because of cancer. I am still cancer free and the only disadvantage is wearing an ostomy bag for urine - they disconnected everything else so I don't work sexually anymore since then (grrrr).

So, I'm sorry for this long PLOM (poor little old me) post, but it is just a part of my grieving and healing process. I am sure there are many other members with larger issues than me and have lost loved ones too. Sitting here alone for the first time in 37 years, I just needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening.....

Post away if you feel like it.
Dad lost his longtime partner and while it gets less painful over the years,it is never forgotten.
Day at a time. In a couple weeks roughly/maybe it will get quiet again.
No blame should be on yourself, because sometimes someone thinks they could have done better caring, or if only I had....

Keep goin forward at your chosen pace. Maybe down the path the urge to let fish get in the way of fishing again may strike.
I offer you condolences and in time, a compromising acceptance kind of peace.
As well as bright memories of highwater marks with your Mrs..

So sorry for the loss of your wife. 37 years is a good long run.

I'm also a police officer (only 8 years so far) and I thank you for your service.

I highly encourage you to take up fishing, boating, and golfing again. Being out on the lake or golf course can be extremely therapeutic.

My condolences and prayers go out to You and your family.
Don't hesitate to pick up a fishin pole, Go to your favorite fishin hole
and remember the good times.

Steve A W

My condolences for your loss.

“May there always be work for your hands to do.
May your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine upon your window pane.
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near to you and
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.”

Everyone grieves at a different way or path, condolences for your loss and best wishes.

Precious memories. How they linger. How they ever flood my soul.

I am humbled in the shadow of your courage. There is a bond among men that fish and hunt, even strangers are brothers. Your brothers here wish for you comfort and peace. We all hope that the good times of yesterday keep you in good spirits and that you make new good times today and tomorrow. We may leave this physical world, but by living in the hearts of our loved ones we become divine and our love immortal.

I am very sorry to hear this. I know you feel at a loss right now and that is natural. Thirty seven years to get acquainted and then she is gone, I can't imagine that. If you need someone to talk to, PM me. I will be glad to talk. Hope you hang in there as best as you can. Again, Sorry for your loss. God Bless. :cry:

Just **** Fishingcop... I'm so very sorry for your loss. Do take care of yourself and get healthy. You have a lot of years left. 15 years ago my dad passed away in his early 60's from leukemia. My parents married just out of high school and my dad was pretty much my mom's whole world. After his passing she withdrew and was spiraling into depression. With a lot of pushing and prodding, my wife and I started getting her out of the house keeping her busy. Long story short she bumped into a long lost friend who was also a recent widower and as they say, the rest is history. I've never seen her happier.

I know things are dark and a bit numb now, but it won't last forever.

Latest posts