FACEBOOK

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
We have a facebook page please go and Like it: https://www.facebook.com/TinBoats.net

I also have an account finally, friend me if you want. :beer:

You can share topics now, top right of first post in the thread. =D>

Resistance was futile... I despise FB, but gotta admit that it's a great place to keep up with everyone.

I'm not a Facebook user. Don't have an account.

Is the Tinboats.net Facebook content the same as this forum, or does it include threads/posts that are unique to Facebook? I guess what I'm asking is if Facebook is somehow linked to this forum.

Thanks.

LDUBS said:
I'm not a Facebook user. Don't have an account.

Is the Tinboats.net Facebook content the same as this forum, or does it include threads/posts that are unique to Facebook? I guess what I'm asking is if Facebook is somehow linked to this forum.

Thanks.

Every now and then I will post an article from the forum or homepage to facebook. Other than that they are not the same. I try and use Facebook to get folks to come and join/collaborate here.

I'm not hooked up on facebook.
If I haven't talked to someone since high school there's
probably a reason. I don't want to be found and friended!
Another thing I've found with some other organizations
and web sites is once they start on facebook their websites
seem to suffer.
I hope that doesn't happen here.

Steve A W

If I posted on FB would you all see my other posts? I post a lot on political issues and don't want to mix the 2, it only turns off some that might like me and that's not what I'm here for.

Crazyboat said:
If I posted on FB would you all see my other posts? I post a lot on political issues and don't want to mix the 2, it only turns off some that might like me and that's not what I'm here for.
:LOL2: Same here, Im a troll over there. Unless someone specifically searches you out they will not see your posts.

Jim said:
Crazyboat said:
:LOL2: Same here, Im a troll over there. Unless someone specifically searches you out they will not see your posts.
Thanks, will have to check FB but I never even think of boating when there, maybe I can set my mind to remember.

Crazyboat said:

I hate you already...unless we're of the same political ideology. :LOL2:

Seriously though, you should lock down what content is publicly available from your page. It's amazing how much dirt you can dig up on people. Thankfully I share a name with a fashion designer and a fictional character in a mystery novel, so I'm a little more incognito.

Can someone explain what going to the TinBoats FB page will do for me if I already visit here? Is there information there that I can't get here?

Scott F said:
Can someone explain what going to the TinBoats FB page will do for me if I already visit here? Is there information there that I can't get here?

Really nothing, I use facebook to try and drive membership here. So if you are on facebook and like and share some Tinboats post that is how we get folks to join.