Live Shad Cam Housing for the Sony mini cam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H20hawgs

Reaction score
I was looking on the web for a housing idea for the action cam. Here is what I came up with. It will take a rod with 50lb braid to the camera and the fishing rod with a live Shad that will clip onto the housing. I'll tighten the drag a lot on the camera rod and use my bait runner for the Shad. Once it hooks up it will pull loose and the camera can be retrieved and used to film the fight. It's a two angler deal :LOL2:
It floats right side up for camera and has a pool noodle for floatation in the housing. The housing is an old large irrigation head :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 912
huntinfool said:
Looks good, let's see some video.
I have not gotten out yet this week! I do have a job... #-o
I am dying to try it out. I tested it in my Shad tank but that's not very exciting to see.
I painted it Camo this afternoon to match the river plants and sticks floating. Should not matter though since I use a balloon and planer boards normally and it does not bother stripers.
I am anxious to get some video this weekend. I will fish Friday through Sunday to get some video to post. Peer pressure... :LOL2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 887
H20hawgs said:
huntinfool said:
Looks good
thanks!
I'll post a pic of the launch and retrieval system shortly.

Here it is.
50lb Dacron brain on an old quantum iron reel and a broken st croix Rod. That's as high tech as the deploy and retrieval system gets 8)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 876
huntinfool said:
That should work just fine.
Made sure to put new heavy line on all the old equipment. If anything breaks it will not be the 50lb Dacron! Making sure I will not loose the camera if I have a mishap. :eek:

H20hawgs said:
huntinfool said:
Made sure to put new heavy line on all the old equipment. If anything breaks it will not be the 50lb Dacron! Making sure I will not loose the camera if I have a mishap. :eek:
Maybe you need to make some sort of float system. Something that will allow it to float. Even if it is just barely above the surface. Maybe gibe up on the camp and paint it bright orange so if it breaks off it will float up and can be found.

huntinfool said:
H20hawgs said:
huntinfool said:
Maybe you need to make some sort of float system. Something that will allow it to float. Even if it is just barely above the surface. Maybe gibe up on the camp and paint it bright orange so if it breaks off it will float up and can be found.
It does float but not high in the water. I put the noodle in the cone end and it allows the camera end to stay submerged so it will not allow bubbles in front of the l nose or have a bobbing effect on camera. I did think about th came not being a good idea if I did loose it from a mishap. I may paint just the top side that floats out of the water orange for a little more insurance [-o<

huntinfool said:
Probably wouldn't hurt. Can't imagine that set up being cheap.
Housing was cheap. Old parts in a bucket. Camera was around 300.00. Less then a gopro black but better lense. Too much to sacrifice to the fish gods :LOL2:

Latest posts