A "shocking" experience

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
The family and I decided to go on a tube float today which was about a 5 hr. float.
The weather said possible showers,but nothing severe.Well,about 1/2 way through our trip,a storm brewed up and it rained a little and a little thunder so we picked up the speed needless to say.
Anyway while I was "paddling" through the water w/ my hands I get this pretty extreme shocking sensation from my chest all the way through my arms and to the tips of my fingers and immediately afterthis happened,it thundered pretty loud!! :shock:
Now for the question,did I get slightly shocked by lightning or was it just MAYJOR static electricity or what??
All I know is it freaked me out enough and was obvious enough my wife looked at me and quietly asked me (so the kids wouldn't hear) if I got electricuted and I said back quietly,"I think so!!" All in all we had a great time and i got pretty burnt along with the rest of the family but it was definitely a "SHOCKING EXPERIENCE" for me!!! #-o

Wow ,thats pretty scary.Glad your alright.How close was the family to you,did any of them mention similar symtems?

I'm glad your OK, that had to have been pretty scary. It is pretty incredible how many people live through getting struck.

Glad to hear you're okay. While I am no expert in lightning strikes I would say prolly that was static electricity you felt. Of course that is a safe bet as lightning is a form of static electricity. Were you the only one touching the water and were you the only one to get shocked?

if you start feeling poorly go get an ekg done even a sligh hit by lighting can throw the heart beat out of wack and could be deadly wouldnt hurt to have one done anyways just to be sure and on the safe side

Well,we are all ok and as far as the questions,I was the only one affected by this but we were all in the water pretty close to eachother so?????????The weird thing is,my wife told me last night before it happened that she saw a flash of lightning and wondered if I did and I told her no ,so that makes me think more along the lines that the lightning was pretty much over me or on top of me if I didn't see it.
Yeah,no Mr. tough guy act goin' on here,I was skeered!!!
Anyway,we're all ok and this is one of those family trips none of us will forget I'm sure :mrgreen:

Latest posts