Tourney Suggestion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Me and shinerman had an idea last night for the next tournament. What do you all think about a tourney that is setup like a pro tourney, keep messurements of your 5 biggest fish, calculate them up and the one with the biggest total poundage wins!!! What do you all think?

Oh...I didn't know you had to concentrate! Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong!! ](*,)

Sound good to me. I assume we are talking lm or sm Bass? And using one of these formulas:

(length X length X length) divided by 1600
or
(girth X girth X length) divided by 800

DahFISH said:
Sound good to me. I assume we are talking lm or sm Bass? And using one of these formulas:

or

The one I used before is

length X length X girth divided by 1200.

FishinsMyLife said:
DahFISH said:

or

The one I used before is

length X length X girth divided by 1200.

I used L*L*G/1200 for the sites calulations

How about a catfish tourny, or even a multi species tourny? I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people on here that fish for species other then bass. Maybe like bass, catfish, trout, walleye etc.

I like this idea of the 5 fish limit. There could possibly be a bonus for the lunker. I also like the idea of a multi-species tourney.

BassAddict said:
Waterwings said:
Any pics involved ?

There would have to be pictures of the fish next to a ruler but in the end there will only be 1 picture needed:

Quackrstackr said:
5?

Sounds like we're all having trouble enough catching one..... :lol:

LOL Quackrstackr just concentrate on catching 1 big one lol

WOW - that is one UGLY bass pro

PRO UGLY!

Not to be a downer, but contest participation here is limited anyway, and I think this would make it too difficult to even bother with. I would need an entire weekend of fishing to get 5, and I don't have time to commit an entire weekend. Maybe start with best 2 fish?

Matt

You wouldnt need a minuim number of fish, It could be just 1 bigfish. Whatever the max limit is you just add up the total weight and post your entery. I realize tourney turnout is low, im just trying to throw out idea to hopefully increase participation so if ya got ideas throw em out there people!

I think id have better chances with the 5 fish limit as lunkers are gettin harder to come by around me. I also like the idea of a multi species tourny, as I havent really fished for anything but bass so far this year.

How about a month long TX with the most fish wins

Make a few catagories:

Bass
Panfish (Bluegills, crappy, perch)
Cats and Carp

You would need to take a photo of each fish with a TinBoats Print out

We all put in $5.00 and winner in each category gets a payout

As far as Bass go I would like the the 5 fish limit. I participated in the last tourney just didn't have anything worth turning in because of size. I could have put together a decent string as I 16 bass between 1 and 3 pounds over the weekend. I would also be up for multi species as well. I really love chasing the panfish. We went to Nolin Lake for vacation and I had my two kids with me and my 12 yr. old nephew so we spent most of our time bluegill fishing and put a mess in the freezer. Only two 3 hour bass fishing trips thrown in.

I like the month long idea Capt. Ahab. But instead of most in a month in different categories, how about at the end of the month everyone submits 4 fish. Their best Bass, best Catfish, best Panfish and best Carp. I have always liked Quality over quantity. :wink:

Doesn't anyone fish for walleye?? Rarely see anyone interested or fishing for them. Talk about tournements for bass, bluegills, perch, catfish and CARP???? Ya can't eat them (carp I mean), they are not a sport fish, certainly fun to catch, but why a tournement for carp?? and not walleye???? I'm thinking most Tinboats members are from out east and walleyes are not prevelant in their area?? I was disapointed that walleyes haven't been included in the contests.

Any other midwest fishermen out there that fish mostly for walleye?? or do walleye tournements?... speak up???

Don't get me wrong, I love bass fishing and the other sport freshweater fish (panfish, crappie, catfish too) but walleye are the most challenging and best tasting (sorry Capt., I know you like your saltwater fish better :D )... but a fresh pan fried walley is really hard to beat for great taste...

Okay Jim, there's my (contiversial) 2 cents worth and keeping up with mandatory posts per month :wink:

Latest posts