Rough seas on a bird farm

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
USS Kitty Hawk in heavy seas. Maybe they need to trim up a bit more???

https://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/Quickrelease1/?action=view&current=KittyHawk.flv

Yee-Haw! You know it's a b!tch of a storm when a bird farm is doing that!!!

Kitty Hawk:
- flight deck length: 1045 ft (you could 4.9 ships of the last one I was on end-to-end on it)
- Beam: 130 ft

Yep, them be wipers :)

Waterwings said:

Kitty Hawk:
- flight deck length: 1045 ft (you could 4.9 ships of the last one I was on end-to-end on it)

5.5 of mine. MHC 188' LOA, 36' Beam.

BTW about 65-70 freeboard (waterline to flightdeck) on that carrier, just to give you an idea of how tall those waves are. Of course Sig Hansen and his crew would be smoking and joking and slinging crab pots in that weather.

flounderhead59 said:
Waterwings said:

Kitty Hawk:

5.5 of mine. MHC 188' LOA, 36' Beam.

BTW about 65-70 freeboard (waterline to flightdeck) on that carrier, just to give you an idea of how tall those waves are. Of course Sig Hansen and his crew would be smoking and joking and slinging crab pots in that weather.

My last one:
ARS-41:
Length: 213.6 feet
Beam: 43 feet
Draft: 13.1 feet

That's for sure on the crab fishermen! Those guys are hardcore!

I'd be in my rack probably ill, lol.

Reminds me of my days on the USS Midway. Same thing as the Kitty Hawk, waves breaking over the flight deck. There were alot of guys sick during those storms. I though it was great, no wait in the chow lines :D

bcritch said:
Reminds me of my days on the USS Midway. Same thing as the Kitty Hawk, waves breaking over the flight deck. There were alot of guys sick during those storms. I though it was great, no wait in the chow lines :D

Lol :lol: . The crew used to come back to the HT shop when it started getting rough and check to see what color of green I was turning. I guess I was the rough-weather gauge, lol.

A 213' vessel in 15' seas for 8-10 days straight sucks! :shock: . Had a new Ensign check aboard before we Out-chopped from Rota in '83. Thay put him on the mid-watch in with me breaking him in as EOOW in Main Control one night. He asked me "Chief, what do I need for the watch?". I replied rapidly with.............."Your own puke bucket!". So he went and got one, lol.

Latest posts