Seriously the best topping for fried fish, ever

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
This stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Hela-Curry-Gewurz-Ketchup-Mild/dp/B000NY3122/

eQ12eYg.png

I found some at Kroger on markdown and tried it, and I am hooked on it. Its so delicious.

Its ketchup, but a little sweet, and with curry seasoning.
It makes fried fish and burgers just pop. If you come across it, give it a shot.

:LOL2:

Found it!

Tomato juice, sugar, cooking salt, curry (mustard powder, pepper, paprika, chillis, cloves, spices), brandy vinegar, modified corn starch, acidifier: citric acid, thickening agent: (guar gum, carob gum), herbs (e.g. celery), acid regulator: sodiumlactate, sapidity agent: sodium glutamate

I'm a foodie, so I'm game. I will order a bottle and try it.

Jim said:
Supposedly sold at Trader Joes, which actually sells my favorite BBQ sauce as of late. I will see if they have it there.

Awesome. Yeah, I really have been enjoying it. I had it with a big mess of fried bluegill I made a few weeks ago.

I had 3lbs of bluegill filets and I made jalepeno cheddar hush puppies.

REDIcCZ.jpg

What is your favorite BBQ sauce? Mine is Stubbs.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but a friend of mine and his wife batter their catfish with French onions and love it. I haven't cooked any yet but they say it's great. I also like to use mustard instead of egg and milk to adhere any batter I'm using.

Abraham said:
I'm sure I've mentioned this before but a friend of mine and his wife batter their catfish with French onions and love it. I haven't cooked any yet but they say it's great. I also like to use mustard instead of egg and milk to adhere any batter I'm using.

I don't get it. How do you batter a fish with a onion? Also what is different about a french onion?
Tim

Like the ones you use on the top of a green bean casserole. She crumbles them up, batters, then bakes.

Abraham said:
Like the ones you use on the top of a green bean casserole. She crumbles them up, batters, then bakes.
Are you talking about using dried french onion soup mix, or like the fried onions served like potato chips?

I've not tried it on fish, but a simple mixture of Orange Marmalade and fresh ground or creamed Horseradish is outstanding on battered/fried frog legs and shrimp. The ratio is about 2 to 1 jam/horseradish just mix,taste, adjust as you like.

JMichael said:
Abraham said:
Are you talking about using dried french onion soup mix, or like the fried onions served like potato chips?

...this i'm sure..... https://www.frenchs.com/products/french-fried-onions/

Latest posts