Best BBQ sauce?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me and the family as of late it is trader joes organic garlic and siracha bbq sauce. It's not too spicy, organic, contains sugar and not high fructose corn syrup and its $2.99 a bottle. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437645818.280325.jpg

It's funny I always said BBQ sauce should be exactly like sweet baby rays. Thick and sweet. But for some reason I'm just not feeling it. There's something about it I can't put my finger on.

So I'm stuck on kc master piece. The taste is the best.
I BBQ often and use lots of sauce. Many many coats. :mrgreen:

9991157_3.jpg

Insanity said:
It's funny I always said BBQ sauce should be exactly like sweet baby rays.

Sweet Baby Rays is good in theory, but disgusting in practice. Its nothing but corn syrup.

Sauer's BBQ sauce. it is in between sweet and vinegar based based. not thick not runny. they also make a spicy version. it also comes from my home state. i use sauer's when i cook a whole hog. i add apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and 1 beer to a gallon jug and wiper down. i do this about every hour until the hog is done.

Attachments

• bbq sauce.jpg
    bbq sauce.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3,364
Carolina Smokehouse - Sticky Fingers is also pretty good stuff

I do not use the Baby Rays in heavy coats and do cut it

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-bottled-bbq-sauce-sweet-baby-ray-s-stubb-s-kc-masterpiece-bull-s-eye

My wife and I like Head Country.

https://www.headcountry.com/

Good "Q" doesn't need any sauce [-X , just some good smoke !!! Apple, peach or cherry wood chipped fine and well soaked are all I use. Wouldn't spoil the meat by contaminating it with all that slop. :roll:

DocWatson said:
Good "Q" doesn't need any sauce [-X , just some good smoke !!! Apple, peach or cherry wood chipped fine and well soaked are all I use. Wouldn't spoil the meat by contaminating it with all that slop. :roll:

I have to agree...Doc's got it right. The flavor is in the smoke, that sauce is for people who don't smoke their own meats.

azekologi said:
DocWatson said:

I have to agree...Doc's got it right. The flavor is in the smoke, that sauce is for people who don't smoke their own meats.

I agree also. I also think a good steak needs no sauce.

Latest posts