2 stroke boat fuel in weed eater?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insanity

Reaction score
So is it possible to run my boats fuel in my weedeater. ( WITH OUT LONG TERM DAMAGE?).
The stuff sounds good for boats what would be the difference in a weedeater or saw.
I'd guess carbon deposits or something. There has to be a reason why I can't. Because it would be just to simple to use for both.
PLEASE DONT ANSWER if you don't really no the answer. These a Stil and Husqavarana eqiupment so I don't really want any damage.

P/S. the EPA has made them remove the adjusment needles from our trimmers saw and leaf blowers. Anything two stroke I'd guess. If you don't want to have to buy a new carb or throw it away. Over a simple adjustment. You better run ( don't walk ). And buy anything you might need in the near future.
Look at the carb before purchase and make sure you see the high low needle adjustment. Some have to have a special tool. ( you tube) But most you'll find are already gone. The pawn shops still have good used ones. Pay what ever they want and buy them up!
Look at the high end equipment. I think all the home consumer products where changed already.
Gotta go to work now. Il rant later on this. :evil:

I don't know what kind of yard equipment you are using,
but for me, in my world, I do exactly that. The boat calls for 50:1
and all my yard machines are 40:1. Been doing it for years and years.
All my "new" outdoor power tools are 3 years old and all are husqvarna
and have the hi/low mixing screws. Chainsaw, weedeater, backpack blower, & long pruning saw.
If I have old (6 months or more) mixed gas, I run it through the lawnmower
at half n half ....... I use a LOT of lawnmower gas in the warm months so it runs
at least 3 hours every two weeks.

are you saying that new gas tools are not going to be using the oil mix ?
or, just not be adjustable by the average homeowner.

I'm guilty of running old 2 stroke fuel through my honda lawn mower (4 stroke). It doesn't care. Smokes a little bit, but it helps get rid of old fuel before it goes bad.

The only difference that I'm aware of is that the oil used for lawn equipment is supposedly designed to lubricate in the higher temp environments of an air cooled engines vs the oil used for water cooled engines like an outboard. I've used them interchangeably several times over the years if I needed some mixed fuel and didn't have time to make a trip to the store, and not noticed any ill affects. What I have noticed is that my lawn equipment (air cooled motors) seems to be a lot more sensitive to old gas than my truck, outboard, and lawn mower. I never mix more than a gallon of fuel for my air cooled items and if that doesn't get used up in a timely manner, I dump it into the tank of my truck, outboard, or mower. At the end of the fishing season (I don't fish in the winter), I'll dump any fuel left in my outboard tank into my truck.

Barefoot_Johnny said:
I don't know what kind of yard equipment you are using,
but for me, in my world, I do exactly that. The boat calls for 50:1
and all my yard machines are 40:1. Been doing it for years and years.
All my "new" outdoor power tools are 3 years old and all are husqvarna
and have the hi/low mixing screws. Chainsaw, weedeater, backpack blower, & long pruning saw.
If I have old (6 months or more) mixed gas, I run it through the lawnmower
at half n half ....... I use a LOT of lawnmower gas in the warm months so it runs
at least 3 hours every two weeks.

are you saying that new gas tools are not going to be using the oil mix ?
or, just not be adjustable by the average homeowner.

Dan burn it the putter eat my post. Il type back more later.
But I meant they will not be adjustable by anyone. You'll have to buy a new carb or maybe get lucky and clean it.

Latest posts