Wired for sound

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowgrn4

Reaction score
I could easily see our big flatscreen inside the house through a big picture window from my screened in grilling area but had no sound. What to do? We cancelled our land line phone years ago and use our cells exclusively. I still have the old phone wiring in most rooms so I figured I would use it to get a stereo signal outside from my HT receiver inside to a powered 5.1 system outside without pulling new wires through the attic. I first isolated the wires from phone jack near the receiver to the birds nest outside at the drop location. I used a 9 volt battery and a meter to do this. I used a dual RCA/1-4" female phono plug from one of the selectable discrete out outputs( you could use "Tape Out") to a 1-4" male phono plug soldered to a new piece of 24/3 phone wire and ScotchLok'ed it to the 3 wires at the jack (Green wire, common ground. Orange wire is + and white wire -). Outside I ScotchLok'ed another piece of 24/3 wire to run to the screened area. There I used another 1-4" phono plug to a 1-4" Female connector with a 1-4" male phono plug to 1-8" female phono plug adapter that I plugged the 1-8" male from the LogiTech sound system into.

It only took a few hours to do and Sounds incredible! And I have volume control outside.

You could easily isolate the phone wires from another area of the house(Kitchen, den or bedroom?) and simply make the connection outside to run a stereo signal from your main receiver to a powered system in another area.

Anyone ever see this done B4? :idea:

Latest posts